Full Circle (The Haunting of Julia) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Full Circle (The Haunting of Julia) Reviews

½ June 22, 2009
This film starts out marvelously by combining themes of psychological and supernatural thrillers. This always makes for an interesting and compelling story, but the film sadly fails to hold the tension that it began with and instead falls into the typical horror movie formula. There is a little girl who is the embodiment of pure evil, a murderous mother who took the life of her child, a kooky medium who sees something horrible and refuses to speak of it, and of course, a timid and vulnerable female lead to cap it all off. The plotline is a tired one which has been used on numerous occasions and offers nothing truly refreshing. Towards the end, things just get ridiculously muddled and details are simply thrown at you, and it does bother me that she never found (spoiler) that body in the basement. Mia Farrow is always believable as an actress, though she is never what I would call ??good.?? Beautiful she is, but not necessarily the best actress. However, it is not as if this role calls for superb acting ability. Overall the film is tepid, but watchable. It won??t change your life, but you might be able to get some form of enjoyment out of it.
March 26, 2009
One of the scariest movies I've ever seen
March 26, 2009
interesting story, dragged a bit but still had my interest throughout.
September 15, 2008
Seen it many times, it being a farly old flick, and because I love Horror- watched it iagain on cable and was probably even more creeped out than the other times I watched it. Id say more scary than 'Rosemarys baby', 'the Excorcist'. and more..Mia Farrrow is so strange ,afflicted on both this and "Rosemarys Baby'... the essence of a 70s horror queen
August 30, 2008
At first, I thought the movie was just slow moving, but the entire movie was like that.

This is definetly not what I would call a horror film, on the creepiness scale, where 10 is disturbingly scary, which you scream A LOT, and 1 being like a movie that isn't a horror film....this gets a two.....the only reason why it wasn't a 1 is because there was a lot of blood, and murder...but it wasn't exactly scary.

I recommend not watching it.
February 22, 2008
I adore this film but i can't find it in any format,vhs or dvd.I've looked everywhere for it.
February 9, 2008
Great atmospheric psychological horror. It was very well shot, well acted and genuinely thought-provoking.
January 25, 2008
Opening scene involves a daughter choking on an apple, the dad turning her upside down and cutting her throat to get the apple out. Amazing.
January 3, 2008