Have Dreams, Will Travel (Dream It Out Loud) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Have Dreams, Will Travel (Dream It Out Loud) Reviews

July 1, 2013
I loved this movie, the feels bro
May 9, 2013
The plot doesn't completely fail, but the characters are thinly drawn, and so the slightly dark turn it takes in the third act feels a little contrived. But Cayden Boyd and AnnaSophia Robb deserve some credit for their performances. Also, can someone fix the lighting?
April 29, 2012
Really touching film :)
July 15, 2011
One my favorite films ever
July 21, 2010
Wonderful film about two children.
May 5, 2010
It's children romantic...cool!!!!
April 20, 2010
Holy crap, my mind, she is blown.

I was admittedly only interested in this film because I'm an AnnaSophia Robb fanboy, so I went on a hunt for it and ended up torrenting it because it was never released in north america on dvd (WHAT?!) and my GODS, it's a great movie.

This boy lives a crappy life with two parents who (as the boy says) probably shouldn't have gotten married, and certainly shouldn't have had a son - but they did, and so he goes about his life, some sort of ghost in the house. A car accident outside the diner where his mother works lands Cassie (Robb) in his life, and she's.. well, she's different. She's got an agile mind and she's not afraid to speak it as she will - though, her initial description of herself does hold true - she tells the poor lad she's 'Flawed' when he first comes to meet her, and she is.. but in only the most human of ways.

You need to see the film, you need to meet these characters. If people in real life were as moving and.. human.. as these fictional characters were, I don't think I'd need to see quite so many movies.
March 19, 2010
The most moving and romantic film ever made. I loved this film all the way through. Very inspiring and touching and all around my personal new favorite.
February 6, 2010
This was disappointing. I like road films and children escaping their depressing lives, but this was a failure. Both romantic and tragic, but it went on and on without ever seem to finish (even though it only last 85 minutes). Annasophia Robb was amazing, but everyone else was just...bad. It had an interesting vision, but it lacked all possible potential. I got extremely bored, and it seemed endlessly repetitive and shallow. Watch Kisses if you want a movie just like this - only good.
January 7, 2010
As a work of film-making, there is much to be desired. The actors all do a stupendous job, and the writing is marvelous, the story is unique and (aside from some minor hiccups and pacing issues) works well, but the overall quality of the film just isn't very good. At times I felt like I was watching something made by a friend on his personal camera; but at the same time this did seem to add a personal feel at the cost of being technically wonderful.
Now as to how the film left me feeling, I'm truly torn. Part of me wants to worship it as a masterpiece, and yet part of me wants to bury all knowledge of it. It left an impact on me that will last for a long time, and it was much more than I expected it to be, and for that I must give it the 5 stars.
It's not what you'd expect it to be. This film won't work for everybody, but for me it did, and it left a mark. If you can find it, view it, and make the judgment for yourself.
December 29, 2009
hillo annasophia robb
December 28, 2009
hillo annasophia robb
November 26, 2009
I want want want want to see it!!!!!!
July 28, 2009
i want to see it ! however i couldn't download it anywhere !
½ May 15, 2009
The basic plot of this movie is a love story between two teenagers who escape together and got married. Conflict arises when they both get jealous of each other and begin hating each other; the bond worsen and Cassie begins having breakdowns and was sent to a Psychiatric Ward. The reason for her frequent nightmares and breakdowns stems from the incident at the beginning of the film where Cassie was found alive and her parents dead in a car accident. She overcomes her breakdowns in the end by finally telling Ben (her teenager husband) the truth that he'd been waiting for the whole time he was with her; she killed her parents at the night of the car accident. They eventually grew up, had two kids, and did what they dreamed. What I didn't like about the film was that the love relationship was too superficial; the first night - cassie arrives and is being cared for by Ben's family; and then a few days later she persuades Ben that his life sucks and that he should escape with her to live their dreams. Now I have to admit Ben either hates his life badly or he is just gullible. I think the relationship is too spontaneous and forced; and just to stress this, they get married a few days later in a barn (I sense some reluctance by Ben during the scene). Their wedding night was funny when Cassie says, "Don't worry, I'm not ready for sex yet", obviously they weren't ready- they were only 13 yrs old.
½ May 10, 2009
great film, nice ending
April 3, 2009
very romantic movie and it was real touching but kids take my advise dont get married at the age of 12 that will be the biggest mistake of your life time
January 28, 2009
One of the best movies I've seen in a while. It's a very simple story about two 12 year-olds setting out to find their own way, but the acting is so brilliant it really brings us into their world. It's a very emotionally charged movie, and Annasophia Robb does an amazing job at giving us a very rememberable character, as does Cayden Boyd. The story is so heartwarmingly beautiful, I'll be watching this movie again and again. The kids' acting abilities give such an adult performance it's really quite amazing. It's a very unique genre, something that I haven't really ever seen before in films.
½ January 10, 2009
Awww...que pelicula TAN LINDA.Cayden actuo super bien y la chica tambien.Adoro la manera en que Ben (cayden) le decia 'Cas' a su ique esposa, pero sonaba tan...adulto y maduro.Esta pelicula tiene de todo te ries..y te hace pensar muuucho en el futuro y los planes que tienes para tu vida,150% recomendable,jaja.Desde ahora no me perdere una peli de Cayden.
November 27, 2008