Critic Review - Newark Star-Ledger

If "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" was a fancy top-shelf cocktail, this is Polish vodka, neat.

January 20, 2012 Full Review Source: Newark Star-Ledger | Comments (8)
Newark Star-Ledger
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

Aiyana Marshall

Aiyana Marshall

really?? wow did we see the same movie?

Jan 20 - 09:51 AM

Dan M.

Dan McCann

LoL. My friend has been drooling for weeks to see this movie and when we walked out he looked at me and asked WTF that garbage was.

It's like they spent 24 million of their 25 million budget on a couple of big name actors and then made a crappy movie out of a crappy script, all including action scenes that might have looked good 30 years ago with the little money that was left.

Jan 21 - 02:14 AM

Ricky Rodriguez

Ricky Rodriguez

I have also been anticipating this and I am stunned at how underdeveloped it is! It seemed like they skipped post-production or something. Something is missing... perhaps a better pot and a better polish on all the fight scenes.

Jan 21 - 04:51 PM

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Thought you had to watch the movie to post something about it. Hmmm... Top-shelf vodka makes me have the queasy wiggles and so did this movie. Good call.

Jan 21 - 06:59 AM

007

First Last

Gina's voice was Dubbed?

Holy Harry Houdini. WTF is the matter with Sodenberg and the SS Ms. treatment?

I have heard Gina in auditions and interviews. She is FAR more hot than the dubbed version. SS man. u Suck.

Put her voice back!

Jan 21 - 11:21 AM

Rick L.

Rick Lewis

Sounds like you've had too much vodka if you think this horrendous movie was worth watching. It was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had to sit through.

Jan 28 - 09:59 PM

Jonathan Robbins

Jonathan Robbins

I really liked it. And most interesting was seeing it back to back with MI4. Opposite approaches to the genre, both effective in their own way. Not everyone likes neat vodka, but those who do, really do. I'm going to have to try some.

Feb 10 - 12:35 AM

J S.

J Sullivan

Let's just all call this movie what it is:

A failed attempt to make a female Bourne Identity flick.

While the movie wasn't terrible, the story, cinematography, and choreography were lacking on too many levels for me to consider this a "fresh" film. Too many movies have done this genre way better. The sad thing is, I was really looking forward to this movie.

May 3 - 11:19 AM