He Died With A Felafel In His Hand - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

He Died With A Felafel In His Hand Reviews

June 21, 2011
great Aussie classic...
May 18, 2011
Interesting movie and good actors in this movie. There could have been more story but overall a good one-time see
February 4, 2011
all the leaves are brown and the sky is gray...(TM)(TM) :P

This movie is just what the title suggests...facts of life, as quirky as they may be. :)
January 16, 2011
Many of us have those fleeting fragmented moments in our lives where we think: "ooh, this would be awesome in a film". Most of us let these little fragments slip away. This filmmaker, it feels like, does not. Instead, he records them meticulously. This film feels like an excuse to mush a multitude of such fragments into one 107 minute chunk. Overall, a pretty tedious experience. Not only because there is essentially no plot here, but also because many of these fragments feel quite self-aware and forced. There are however a few cute moments here as well. About 1 star worth.
November 29, 2010
I immediately fell in love with that movie within the first 10 minutes of watching it. There was never, in my opinion, a movie that depicted the disillusioned youth as efficiently than that film. And with humor! I really liked the strange world that Lowenstein put us in, without forgetting the essence of Birmingham's; obscure cultist meetings, cheesy life lessons, and so much more.
November 18, 2010
loved it. witty dialogue and interesting. not the best film ever, but definitely good. too bad it's so underrated, well at least it is here in America. this is the only movie that I couldn't find, i had to buy it off Amazon.
October 9, 2010
Rather odd. I really do like Noah Taylor but this just wasn't my cup of tea. It was really hard for me to figure out what was going on most of the time.
½ October 2, 2010
Sam: "There's all these words for a woman who doesn't want to have sex: frigid, uptight, cold, icy. But can you like even think of one word for a man that doesn't want to have sex?"
Danny: "Dead?"

Film semplicemente delizioso. Colonna sonora degna di nota. Sapevatelo.
August 16, 2010
"You are deeply aware of your own sense of melodrama. You lack faith in yourself but expect faith in others. You project your insecurities onto everyone around you. You reject happiness as being shallow and superficial. You embrace post-modernism to avoid having an original thought. You criticize yourself because it pl...aces you above criticism. You desire what you hate and you hate what you desire. And you always have to kill what you love the most."

Gotta get my hands on the book this is made from. Must be pretty fucked up.
July 28, 2010
Surprisingly good, sort of uneventful, but very introspective. Based on a novel of some dude from Australia that travels around the country fleeing from debt living in shared homes, documenting his experiences.
½ July 23, 2010
ever had a psycho roommate? having a tough time 'identifying' the behaviours of a psycho roommate? maybe you have been a psycho roommate in a past life!! this movie is as strange it sounds...the house is full of my ex roommates. see if you can find yours...i dare you! funny adult humor. mabee
½ July 23, 2010
Wonderfully philosophical and hilarious at times.
July 23, 2010
An Aussie cult classic to be sure. Noah Taylor is awesome as Danny. But I still think the book is better.
I love you too Flipp
The best of the best.
Full stop.
½ July 23, 2010
I could watch this film any time...funny and disturbing, quirky but realistic...i love it!
July 23, 2010
one of those great australian movies which happen when we let ourselves be ourselves. from the great birmingham series of books, but reminding me a lot of the feel of "snail" by eric dando.
July 23, 2010
Ya en Australia saben del "Arma secreta" mira vooo.... creo que me pongo a compartir cuarto en cualquier momento.
July 23, 2010
I enjoyed seeing Noah Taylor but this film dragged on for a bit. The soundtrack's good though; the Stranglers's "Golden Brown"! <3
½ July 23, 2010
GREAT! This movie is very offbeat. This guy has lived in 49 different homes with many different roommates. Although a few of the same keep sticking around and seem to show up at the least expected times. Very Different, Very needed.