He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not Reviews

½ January 22, 2012
First it seemed like a silly movie. There is, clearly, a huge exaggeration on Angelique's part: she lives an obsession with a man who, apparently, does not love her and neither loves his wife. Then, there is a twist, and it all makes (no) sense, when we become aware of what Loic and his wife go through because of Angelique. This movie depicts beautifully a scenario of insane obsession, and the apparent innocence and sweetness of the main character not only postpones, at first, our perception of what is really going on, but also makes us wonder why does she act like and on and on if Loic doesn't care about her. The twist is disturbing but also the reason why the movie is good.

Keywords: obsession, erotomania, twist.
December 9, 2011
Can't say much about this movie, out of respect for the narrative, but creepy and depressing, yo!
November 27, 2011
Audrey is amazing playing a psycho
November 16, 2011
That was a story about a mental condition called Erotomania (wiki it). It is very interesting.
October 24, 2011
the end-twist makes me sympathies with her!
I ADORE this movie..!
½ September 25, 2011
A genuinely suspenseful thriller with great acting, a haunting plot, and an even more haunting ending.
July 21, 2011
An absolute gem of a film. Not quite up there with Amelie; but not far off! :) Has an excellent twist! Two films in one...
½ July 3, 2011
" A la folie... pas du tout": L'amour peut rendre fou apparemment
June 28, 2011
Interesting twist on a love story gone wrong. Audrey Tatou is simply breathtaking and highly suggest the movie based on her alone,the story is great,awesome flick.
½ June 28, 2011
The incomparable Audrey Tautou. Slot this one below A Very Long Engagement, and slightly above Amelie.
½ June 7, 2011
Decent movie, with an interesting twist that I wasn't expecting. A gimmick maybe, but a cleverly employed one that works thanks in no small part to the smart writing, and good performances. As typical for most French fims, this was a little slow...but ejoyable enough.
May 30, 2011
A cleverly constructed attempt to subvert Tautou's Amelie character, this is an altogether darker, bleaker tale of obsession. I won't spoil the major twist, though once it's been revealed you have to accept that it's a bit of a slow ride as we get every little detail properly explained. But it's still worth a watch. And there's a deliciously dark visual twist right at the end which made me want to stand up and clap. Yes.
½ May 26, 2011
I love the twist in this movie Audrey at her best.
May 10, 2011
A tale of an extreme case of Erotomania may be mislead from the beginning. At the beginning, audiences are expecting a "chick flick" due to the lighthearted Angelique (Tautou) getting a rose for her "lover" Loic (Bihan). Loic, already being married, is a heart doctor who has his wife expecting. However, the baby becomes a miscarriage, and he goes to comfort his wife instead of going to a planned trip to Italy with Angelique (she planned it, not him). Angelique never finds Loic, leading her in her decent into madness.

About 25 minutes into the movie, and it becomes psychological thriller rather than a romantic comedy. It only gets creepier after that. Angelique stalks Loic and draws pictures of him doing just about every daily activity, causes a fatal heart attack with a patient, and creates murals of him out of garbage and *$PO1LL3R$!!!! pills.* Honestly, the movie wasn't BAD, but it was misleading. And, frankly, I don't like movies that mislead too much.
½ May 2, 2011
I was so surprised as the story unfolded.
May 1, 2011
"We all dream of a great love affair
I just dreamt a bit harder."

"Though my love is insane my reason calms the pain in my heart It tells me to be patient and keep hoping..."
loved that song L.O.V.E.
½ April 30, 2011
Just watched this last night. Not what I expected AT ALL. Even though I wasn't sure about the technique at first, it definitely pays off.
April 12, 2011
Nice romance. This is a slow movie, and not for everyone. But it takes a great look at our psyche and does it in a very intelligent manner. Audrey Tautou is perfect in this role.
½ April 7, 2011
Intriguing .. Great script w Tautou's beautiful, believable face.
worth reading the sub-titles!
*applause*