Heart, Baby! Reviews

• Dec 05, 2018

Such a moving and powerful story and the acting as superb! Took me on a rollercoaster ride and the ending was so satisfying

• Dec 02, 2018

This may possibly be the best, most ballsy faith based film I have ever seen. It's not billed as faith based but it really comes across as one to me. Compelling story based on true events.

• Dec 01, 2018

An absolutely wonderful film. Everyone involved in this has poured their heart and soul into creating a masterful depiction of this incredible true story.

• Dec 01, 2018

Heart, Baby! This movie had a story being told by some of the greatest. It is a story of true friendship. Crystal (Shawn-Caulin Young) embodies living life on her own terms and not giving in under the circumstances of being misunderstood and hated for just being. It will open some minds as to how we need to treat people and start a conversation no matter what your beliefs or opinions are. The true story is better than expected. I can't wait to see it again.

• Nov 26, 2018

Moving and heartbreaking true story. Angela Shelton gets wonderful performances by her entire ensemble, from Shawn-Caulin Young's star making performance as Crystal to Gbenga Akinnagbe (currently on Broadway in To Kill A Mockingbird) as George Lee Martin, down to the smallest role of Nancy Lascala as Mary, as Crystal's mother. A great story of acceptance and love.

• Nov 26, 2018

Riveting! I am so glad this story made it to the big screen. This true story will take you on an emotional journey and leave you wanting more. A must see!

• Nov 24, 2018

Best movie that I've seen this year. This was such a beautiful story, and it gives so much voice to fundamental?? issues that need to be addressed more. Its a love story that is not often told, One that is so brave that I believe triumphs any old love story I've ever seen. It is bound to pull anyone with a heart into the world forcing you to listen and forcing you to connect emotionally no matter what your personal beliefs are. I was lucky enough to see one of the screenings of it in LA; I would honestly give this movie every possible award or at least nominations all around. The actors are phenomenal and raw; the cinematography is fantastic, I have no actual criticism for this movie. I've? never made a rotten tomato review and I literally signed up so that I could because this movie deserves to be given more life and buzz.

• Nov 24, 2018

Saw this movie last night and it was fantastic ! Truly a riveting experience. It will not disappoint!

• Nov 24, 2018

Good Job Angela Shelton and the rest of the cast and crew!! A Good story, Well Told!!!

• Nov 24, 2018

Every once in a while, you see a film that changes you. It educates you or opens your heart to things you thought you were already educated and open about. "Heart, Baby" (written and directed by Angela Shelton) still has my heart reeling... If you care at all about Transgender rights and prison reform, please see this film. If you think our prison systems are just fine, see it anyway...Heart, Baby will change your mind about what you think you know. It's just that good! The acting is superb, and Shawn-Caulin Young's performance is epic. Beautifully directed and filmed, this is a story that will pull on your heat strings. The trailer makes it seem like this is a boxing movie, but it's about so much more and based on a true story. Happy to see it's going into wider release because independent filmmakers brave enough to tell stories like this need our support. Don't miss this film!