Heartbeeps - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heartbeeps Reviews

½ February 14, 2016
If the movie only had 30 more minutes, an extensive rewrite, a better ending, fewer characters, and better actors in the smaller roles, Heartbeeps actually could have been a little endearing.
October 13, 2015
I liked this movie a lot. I seen it when i was ten when it first came out back in 1981 and I've seen it on cable movie channels several times after. I even have it on VHS and DVD and watched it with my kids and they liked it too. Seems everyone here just likes to bash movies because it seems "cool". This is not the best movie ever. I just like it and it is worth watching if you were a real fan of Andy Kaufman.
½ January 24, 2015
Box office bomb featuring Andy Kaufman and Bernadette Peters as two advanced robots who fall in love and escape a factory. Film short circuits on the laughs department. Wise cracking robot companion delivers no laughs despite the numerous attempts provided by the writers throughout. Apparently Kaufman went on David Letterman to apologize for this film, unsure if he was serious.
September 17, 2014
Two robots venture out on their own from the warehouse and fall in love. Cool makeup, good leads (Andy Kaufman and Bernadette Peters) with a story that has some charm. A box office failure that critics panned, undeservedly so in my opinion.
January 26, 2014
This is actually a very clever and creative social commentary. The only reason I can see for this movie being as loathed as it is is because it blew all chances of "The Tony Clifton Story" being made. Well, if "Heartbeeps" is the only testament to the career of Andy Kaufman, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
December 23, 2013
A little painful to watch but heartfelt and sweet. Only watch if you're a Kaufman fan.
½ September 29, 2013
A very extremely interesting premise. Just not well executed.
July 8, 2013
My Favorite Science Fiction Film Is 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
½ May 11, 2013
A WTF of the first water. Lynch's Dune is no longer the most fascinating cinematic sci-fi train wreck I know of. You people have no idea. Literally painful to endure. And how.
October 5, 2012
Dispite all the terrible reviews about this film, Heartbeeps become an interesting, cute and entertaining rare romantic sci-fi comedy. Some people might find this classic cult a likable picture, specially, if you're an Andy Kaufman fan, just like I'm.
½ October 3, 2012
I always wanted to see this when I was a kid, but could never convince my parents to rent it from D&W Video for me. Now that I got to see it as an adult, it is a cute albeit very silly movie, but like I said, if I had only seen this as a kid I am sure I would have thought it was the greatest movie of all time.
September 22, 2012
No la recuerdo tan mala.
½ March 13, 2011
some really nice effects here done by the man stan winston. some of the robots look pretty cool while others kinda look like boxes on wheels. the general premise is fun i guess with 2 robots falling in love and creating a family. the acting is ok to. im not gunna talk to much about that because its gotta be tricky to be a person pretending to be a robot and then falling in love. all ill say is it works. The main problem with this flick is that nothing happens. at all nothing. theres only 3 sets involved (the forest, the factory and a street) theres no human characters on screen long enough for interaction with the robots and there robot speak so its just lots of shots of them all walking about talking in questions and trying to understand there feelings. the police robot is funny but is hardly on screen long enough.... and it looks like a box on wheels so is not that engaging. the ending just plan sucks to. its a cheap cop out ending were its summed up in a few lines. the endings so anti climatic that it just makes the film seem even dlower. its like they did not know how to end it. it works but just seems a bit cheap. the shock ending is pretty poor to. even for its short running time you'll be hard pressed to be mega excited about watching this.
January 21, 2011
Thought it was an interesting movie. I was compelled to watch the entire thing.
January 11, 2011
A very silly, stupid, over the top movie about robots who have feelings and run away from the factory and fall in love. It's not bad, it's even funny at times, but overall it's just okay.
August 30, 2010
Though it features some incredible makeup effects and one of the most unique scores John Williams ever produced, this is still a strong candidate for the worst movie I've ever seen. It's a snorefest, the longest hour and seventeen minutes I've ever spent.
½ June 18, 2010
Man what a piece of crap but as a kid I didn't know better
April 27, 2010
Silly, good cast, funny, but also a bit cold like the robots in the movie. Overall, it's enjoyable and fun, sort of like Short Circuit.
½ January 30, 2010
The wrong movie was called "Intolerable Cruelty".