Heavy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heavy Reviews

½ August 19, 2016
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow
½ April 23, 2015
A long slow ride but one that's touching and sweet.
October 24, 2014
Low-key character study about a shy, over weight cook who falls for a perky waitree. Mangold really captures small-town loneliness. A great film.
½ April 24, 2013
I don't remember this too well. But, Liv Tyler is always a pleasure to watch. And James Mangold is a solid director.
July 7, 2011
The last great bar film before cell phones.
December 15, 2010
James Mangold's first feature film, Heavy is a beautifully visual film from start to finish, with most of the emotion internalised and such a introvert protagonist, he still managed to explore loneliness and solitude quite well, very well directed, acted and established him as a serious drama director. Ashamed not many people know this film.
February 9, 2010
recommended by myfavchords.....
February 8, 2010
This is a good independent film with strong performances by Liv Tyler, Pruitt Taylor Vince and Deborah Harry. This is a character driven piece which is not heavy on plot.
January 21, 2010
中????好似?"??????太???",好似大學????影???
October 29, 2009
Pretty well done for an indie feature. James Mangold captures emotions well enough. The feelings of loss were effective and emphasized. The exchange between Pruitt Taylor Vince and David Patrick Kelly was beautiful.

Liv Tyler was okay. She acts cute in some scenes.. But it's not about her. So all you horndogs out there will be disappointed. And I laugh at your pathetic waste of time.
½ September 21, 2009
It's a nice little indie movie with a lot of interesting twists an turns for a simple story. It's a very well acted, Pruitt plays the lonesome antisocial very well. Surprised that a film that looks like it was shot on a VERY LOW budget had alot of top people in it. I found this movie in Surrey one time at a used video store, regretted not getting it then but when I seen it downtown at another use video store I figured why not, glad I did.
ElCochran90
½ September 16, 2009
A very special, simple and emotional film. You'll be bored though...

54/100
September 2, 2009
when was released it was very shocking for me....ultra sensitive....emotions talk like 1000 words...10/10...(not for adults:-))
½ June 14, 2009
For all the promotional featuring of Liv Tyler, the focus is really on Victor (Pruitt Taylor Vince); one of the little people, bypassed by life. A sensitive, subtle movie, a little difficult to watch but well worth it.
February 9, 2009
Un drama sencillo y conmovedor. El actor interpreta un muy buen papel con un personaje que casi no habla. Muestra la imposibilidad de un indivduo de darle a su vida el rumbo que desea, por circunstancias que no dependen completamente de él.
Absolutamente conmovedor retrato de la soledad; sin diálogos, como en la vida real ocurre, sólo los sonidos que no controlamos son los que aparecen, los que rompen el silencio. De infinita sutileza, con muy poco dice mucho.
½ December 7, 2008
Though competent in every respect, Heavy has a hard time lifting itself out of, and transcending, the era in which it was made. A completely distracting and too-loud-in-the-mix soundtrack only makes matters worse. I wish David Patrick Kelly [Luther from The Warriors] would unexpectedly show up in more of the films and television I watch.
November 2, 2008
I"ll have to watch this again to remember it.
½ October 14, 2008
tou skinotheth pou argotera ekane ta Walk the Line kai Identity,alla kai Girl Interupted kai Kate & Leopold kai 3.10 to Yuma(auto de to exw dei). Afora th zwh enos mageira xontrou kai kyriws aprosarmostou pou kanei teleia o Pruitt Taylor Vince se mia tromerh ermineia,pou zei me th mhtera tou kai douleuei sto mikro estiatorio pou exoun. Ekei erxetai na taraksei th zwh tou h panemorfh Liv Tyler,kai sth synexeia o thanatos ths mhteras tou. Einai poly aplh tainia, me psilovaria atmosfaira,kai poly argo rythmo. de mporw na pw oti "euxaristithika" idiaitera,alla h ermineia tou typou kai to nwxeliko mood aksizoun.