Heavy Metal 2000 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heavy Metal 2000 Reviews

January 29, 2014
Oh, fuck you! Really? Not one positive review? Well, here's one. Great animation. Great music. An awesome violent sci-fi fantasy erotica adventure ride with Michael Ironside as the badguy and starring the gorgeous B-movie queen Julie Strain who was the inspiration for the original F.A.K.K. 2. It is awesome comic book adventure ride that is clearly not for everyone given these pathetic scores. This movie is awesome! If you don't like it, you know what? It was meant for you in the first place.
August 12, 2013
Given that it is obviously crap, I actually kind of enjoyed it. Exactly like a Saturday morning kids cartoon as far as plot and quality of animation is concerned, except with an embarrassing amount if tits and gore.
April 27, 2013
I haven't gotten around to reading the Eastman/Bisley comic series yet, but this adaptation is dreadful. Despite the gorgeous source material, the animation looks terrible. If not for the tacky CGI, I would swear Ralph Bakshi made this in 1982.
½ February 14, 2013
While the film boast sleeker and cleaner animation it is a severe downgrade in terms of storytelling compared to it's predecessor. While the original 1981 film focused on a series of stories bridged together by a common element (the Loc-Nar) this film focuses solely on one overly drawn out, poorly written plot. The films soundtrack is also lacking compared to the previous and is more noise than anything. The voice acting also suffers with actors, Billy Idol aside, sounding monotonous when delevering lines. Overall there is little here that will attract fans of the previous and those looking for an animated sci-fi should look elsewhere.
½ February 6, 2013
"What does it take to get laid around here?"

The Nerd from "Robot Chicken" must have thrown this flick together, or at least some Mom's-Basement-Dweller with a clear obsession with BOOBIES(th), BOOBIES(th), and MORE BOOBIES(th)!

Even with all its mindless violence, gratuitous cartoonudies, and adolescent sex fantasies, this little animated adventure has its own quirky charm, foremost is that it's FREE on "Crackle."

If I had to pay any money to see this, I reckon I'd be madder than "Tyler," who gets a dinosaur tusk rammed into his windpipe when he's trying to bone "Julie."

Ah, but since this flick was free, I was free to enjoy its silliness with reckless abandon.
January 22, 2013
Every time this movie improves on something from the first movie, it loses points for things that suck about it. In the end, its just about as enjoyable as the original film. And that level of enjoyability is: barely enjoyable.
January 22, 2013
Ugh, why'd they have to call this "Heavy Metal"? It is not worthy of the title; it should've been its own original film. This is the film "Titan A.E.'s" R-rated brother would be. Alright sci-fi-fantasy film, but does not capture at all the magic and originality of the first film. And seriously, why are characters we meet 30 minutes before the end turn out to be the most important characters in the whole film!? Plus, Julie doesn't suffer a scratch, Taarna would eat her for breakfast!!!
½ January 2, 2013
try not to compare it to the origonal and its a decent movie
½ November 13, 2012
Perhaps the worst sequel of all time. Admittedly, the first movie isn't high art, but it at least managed to be entertaining. This film is basically a bunch of jerks who never grew up, watched the first movie, and decided they could make it more juvenile, less intelligent, and fill it with worse music in order to laugh at people for giving them free money. This movie should die for existing.
October 3, 2012
Much like in the original, the animation is bad, as is the story, voice acting, jokes, soundtrack and basicly everything else that makes a movie. This time around they added some computer graphics, but that just seems to make it worse. However, just like the original it's surprisingly entertaining, there's a quality to it I can't define, a bit like looking at a bar fight from a distance.
½ July 29, 2012
More of the same adolescent retardedness, although the first one had some anarchic charm. This one crap in every aspect, conventional, bad animation, direction and storyline. The poster has better art than the entire movie.
½ June 28, 2012
good animated movie with good soundtrack.
½ May 23, 2012
Vile, stupid and badly animated with weak voice work and a lousy soundtrack. On the bright side, there was a talking rock.
May 23, 2012
A very enjoyable, if somewhat clichéd, homage to the guns'n'tits genre. Somewhat campy, but in a cult sort of way.
½ May 23, 2012
Wow this movie actually managed to be worse than the first Heavy Metal! So here we go again bringing us another Heavy Metal movie, which like in the first one this movie has even more nudity which is pointless and ugly animation which is a bummer because that was one of the only things I actually liked about the first one. Heavy Metal 2000 gives us an ugly animated movie about one main story, unlike in the first one which gave us several stories. It's funny because I actually hated the several stories in the first Heavy Metal movie, but this one story in this movie was so damn bad I would rather watch those several pointless stories that I saw in the first Heavy Metal. The first Heavy Metal movie was not good at all, but at least it had some positive things about it, this movie has nothing and that's what this movie is a big fat nothing. I wouldn't recommend this movie to animation fans or even Heavy Metal fans because this movie is incredibly stupid.
½ May 21, 2012
Incredibly disappointing.
½ April 9, 2012
Heavy Metal 2000 takes us to the same old story of a green rock that makes people crazy or die when they are around it. The heroine played by Julie Strain is named Julie, that must've been tough to get used to. Tyler played by Michael Ironside,(Top Gun and Total Recall) is the bad guy who finds the key to an ancient temple that holds the Water of Eternal Life. Lots of blood and boobs and sexual situations much like the first. This movie doesn't really deliver like the original but at the time that was ground-breaking animation and the voice cast was extensive. The 2000 version has kinda the same feel without the meat and potatoes the original had. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen but it took me 3 days to finish it because I would lose interest rather quickly.
½ March 3, 2012
Somehow it is that much worse than the original.
½ December 26, 2011
Disgusting, revolting, and pretty much every unpleasant word you can think of. An assault to all the senses, including common.