Hedd Wyn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hedd Wyn Reviews

April 27, 2010
nominated for best foreign film at the oscars
½ June 6, 2008
great film about a welsh poet, it's very local history for me. beautiful poetry and sad/ironic story
February 25, 2008
nominated for best foreign language film at oscars way back in 1992, telling story of one man, who was up for a eisteddford a welsh prize, the biggest of its type in wales for poetry, and a maassive honour for a welshman, but events of world war 1 get in the way as he must go off to fight, and not knowing if he has won the prize, a really authentic look at welsh life during that period, superb acting in native tounge, and a nice story all round, a gentle love story also, really portraying wales as a place for poets, and that dylan thomas was not only welsh poet around
February 1, 2008
The tale of the Black Chair of Birkenhead- (drummed into us since childhood)- so a must see.
½ January 27, 2008
cymru am byth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 4, 2007
I HATE YOU EISTEDDFOD GO TO HELL!!!!
December 3, 2007
Good story. I like the anti-war message. I wish there was more of the actual poetry in the movie.
November 23, 2007
A true story about a poet from North Wales during the first world war. A bit slow but touching and it nearly won the best foreign language film in 1993. Stood the test of time.
½ November 13, 2007
Saw this when it first came out on video and was impressed. Tracked it down again a few months back and it has stood the test of time.
½ November 4, 2007
This story is amazing. The way it was portrayed in this film was very moving. It made me appreciate and understand Wales as a people with a great love for the arts, especially poetry.
October 22, 2007
I kinda have to rate this highly. I was production co-ordinator on it.
½ October 21, 2007
Nominated for an Oscar as the Best Foreign Language Film in 1993 - the story has stood the test of time...
October 20, 2007
Being moved after watching this, I had to find out more about Ellis Evans, the poet Hedd Wyn. This is a stunning film and alas I don't speak Welsh, I love Wales, but his poetry still has a strong impact in English.
October 2, 2007
tis really good, reminds me of home but makes me cry
½ October 1, 2007
Fflim hynod o bwerus sy'n ceisio rhoi argraff i ni o'r drychineb a oedd hanes y bardd hwn. Weithiau yn cyfeirio ormod ar bethau sydd ddim yn perthnasol, ond heblaw am hynny roedd yr actorion yn hynod o dda ac yn cyfleu emosiynnau'r cymeriadau mewn ffordd arbennig.
½ September 25, 2007
Probably the best welsh language film I have seen, though that is not saying all that much.
September 2, 2007
A welsh language film recalls the life of Hedd Wyn, a famous Welsh poet.
August 13, 2007
Quiet and moving biopic about a Welsh poet during the first world war. Lovely piece of work. I'm told to get the full emotional impact of the thing it helps to speak Welsh (because of the poetry). Ah ha. Alas my only claim to fame about the Welsh language is that I know how to pronounce the title of the movie
½ August 13, 2007
Y ffilm Cymraeg gora sydd! Dim llawer o gystadleuaeth, ond dal...
½ July 11, 2007
Beautiful film about the Welsh war poet, Hedd Wyn, who was killed in the First World War. It was nominated for an Oscar as the Best Foreign Language Film in 1993.