Heights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heights Reviews

December 26, 2015
Exceptional cast of characters, led by the amazing Glenn Close (who can do no wrong in my book), but the movie left me cold. I got more pleasure watching Glenn be all Shakespearean than anything else in the film. Elizabeth Banks was very good too, as was James Marsden, but overall, thank goodness it was a short film (length-wise).
Robert B.
October 2, 2015
Heights is an urban drama with intersecting lives and stories. It is a relatively light film where one observes the interactions between the characters, has insights, and is not so much engaged with them; it is more pensive than emotional. The acting and filmmaking are good and I recommend it for those who are in the mood for this kind of film.
½ March 23, 2015
wanna watch it again
½ February 20, 2015
A lot of good actors. a bad script.
½ January 13, 2014
An ensemble piece set in NYC. The performances are convincing and NY surroundings come off authentic, but the story gets almost undone by way too contrived final act. It might have worked in a stage play, but not so much in a movie.
½ August 18, 2013
While it definitely has some interesting aspects, it also often feels lazy and uneven.
December 10, 2012
Another delightful surprise by Merchant/Ivory team.
July 24, 2012
Verily a lot can happen in 24 hours, but some of the drama was too over the top just to give the plot solid meaning - something that even the 'darkness' of the film couldn't hide.
½ April 20, 2012
A mildy interesting movie about an interconnected group of New Yorkers and their relationships. This is sort of a drama/comedy and is another of those 6 degrees of separation type movies.
April 18, 2012
We have forgotten passion.
March 14, 2012
Recommended and appeals to me. Another one to check out.
½ February 8, 2012
good actors, good story, intriguing movie.
DrStrangeblog
January 13, 2012
Yet another pastiche of mostly unhappy and boring New Yorkers and how their lives change over the course of a day. Amy Fox could use a spark of creativity in her screenplay to distinguish hers from the glut of similar films. (I knew an Amy Fox in college, could she be the same? I hope not ) Some good performances from Glenn Close and something of a revelation from Elizabeth Banks, but for what?
½ December 27, 2011
My wife got this movie as a Christmas present this year. We read the back and thought it might be good. Had a kind of Traffic-like sound to it. It played out like Traffic. Meet one character after another and find out how they're connected. Very similar except that there was no plot and only one of the story lines gets an ending in this film. Glenn Close being cast as the acting "superstar" should be the first giveaway that this was doomed for the $5 bin at Walmart. Save yourself the time and $1 at Redbox. Get something else. Even American Breakdown was more enjoyable.
December 10, 2011
preview looked interesting.
September 21, 2011
Another NY drama where lives intersect and come together, enveloped by sadness and deception. Mostly interesting characters played by good actors with somewhat of a subtle plot. I've seen plenty of movies like this, some better than others, this one ranking in the middle. If anything, I enjoyed the performances by the main cast and was happy with small cameos by others.
August 9, 2011
Heights (2004) -- [6.5] -- There's a pretentiousness about this '2 degrees of separation' ensemble drama, but it's a great looking film with a remarkable cast that makes it worth while. With Glenn Close, Elizabeth Banks, James Marsden, George Segal, Eric Bogosian, Jesse Bradford, Rufus Wainwright, and Isabella Rosselini.
May 23, 2011
Nicely put together but largely empty.
May 7, 2011
I have this film rated as 4 stars on Netflix, but I have no memory of having seen it. Does that ever happen to you?
½ April 29, 2011
interesting and a bit slow all the way through.