Heima (Sigur Ros: Heima) Reviews

• Jul 27, 2018

Fantastic film and live performances.

Fantastic film and live performances.

• Dec 16, 2017

Great music, gorgeously shot imagery of Iceland.

Great music, gorgeously shot imagery of Iceland.

• Dec 18, 2014

Beautiful movie with a beautiful soundtrack, one of my favourites.

Beautiful movie with a beautiful soundtrack, one of my favourites.

• Jul 22, 2014

A must-see for Sigur Ros fans, but anyone could enjoy it. You get an idea of what these musicians were capable of doing live in their heyday (1999-2008, but I think their best performances were 2000-2004 admittedly), the atmosphere they create is electric & regularly boggles the mind & senses. The intense, beautiful, emotionally engaging music is interspersed with shots of Iceland's gorgeous scenery & clips of interviews showing how down-to-earth the band obviously is. This film gives the irresistible impression that the direction of Sigur Ros' music, the dedication to their art & simultaneous desire to reject a bullshit celebrity culture comes largely from the land they belong to. They are a breath of fresh air.

• Feb 25, 2014

Beautiful scenery, matched with even more beautiful music that pours through you like a warm beam of light. Sigur Ros projects their passion in every note, their skill echoes through the snowy hills welcoming you to come along for the tour. Music you can feel in your bones.

• Aug 08, 2013

If not an interesting documentary it sure is a pretty one. Sigur's music has so perfect timing and is so very, very emontional. This film uses great nature shots combined with pictures from a tour in iceland some years ago to go with their music and message. The documentary does this well without overdoing it. I like the stories they tell and some video/audio connections are cool. Great music, great images, OK documentary. 7 out of 10 goosebumps.

• Mar 18, 2013

Makes you want to go to Iceland. Music is nice too.

Makes you want to go to Iceland. Music is nice too.

• Jan 09, 2013

Amazing and hauntingly beautiful. You don't even need to like Sigur Ros. It makes you want to get on a plane ASAP to Iceland.

• Dec 27, 2012

I loved it that after they've been to so many countries playing music for people, eventually their hometown, Iceland, still brought them the most happiness and gratitude. I was totally touched by the scene that all audience fly kites around this field while Sigur Ros are playing on the stage!

• Aug 27, 2012

Brilliant performances, coupled with well- shot cinematography that just perfectly compliments the music that is being played. If you're a fan of Sigur Rós, Heima is simply essential viewing.