Held Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Held Up Reviews

August 27, 2016
Comédia americana estrelado por Jamie Foxx e Nia Long gravado em 1999 e lançado em maio de 2000, Toda sua produção é pequena e desconhecida, possui poucos ou nenhum trabalho de expressão, o fator de trazer Foxx como estrela central não miniminizar o fato da comedia ser desastrosa, imbecilidades, piadas bobas e mau formuladas leva o expectador a olhar no relógio para saber se o fim esta próximo, se esse expectador estiver deitado o sono pode ser um efeito colateral bastante agradável. Escrito por Jeff Eastin e Erik Fleming, com direção de Steve Rash Held Up é salobro e insosso.
June 19, 2016
Stupid comedy where all the white townspeople are ignorant racists who accuse the black guy of robbing a convenience store. Stupid plot with dumb characters throughout.
½ February 11, 2015
Jaime Foxx stars in this stereotypical comedy where the black guy becomes a robbery suspect in a hick town. Amos n Andrew it isn't.
November 12, 2014
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ May 29, 2014
This long forgotten gem is one of my favorite Foxx comedies. I wish more people had seen it.
½ September 17, 2013
It might not be the best movie, but it is quite enjoyable on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
March 31, 2013
Leffailta teinipojan kanssa. ;) (Suom. Liian varattu)
October 27, 2011
This was probably good 10 years ago, but I just can't watch Foxx in a movie like this.
June 9, 2011
Was a funny in a crappy sense but leaves one with a bitter taste
April 19, 2011
Hilarious. I seriously did not think this movie would be all that great, but I was wrong!!...it was hysterical.
January 16, 2011
This movie was okay. It made me laugh out loud more than once. It was however VERY slow moving in parts. I fell asleep watching it on Friday night, but it was decent enough that on Saturday morning I found where I dozed off and continued watching it.

A good point is that the movie manages to be moderately funny without being crude or overly sexual... That's hard to find these days. The biggest negative is that virtually the entire plot occurs in one spot, and you get very little change of scenery throughout the entire movie.

If you're looking for continuous laughs, this may not be the movie for you. But if you can endure the slow parts, the humor will sporadically appear.
January 10, 2011
Small town, Hillbillies...Love it
August 5, 2010
Held Up is an okay film. The movie does have some funny parts that are few and far between. Jaime Foxx does what he could with the script. I do like comedies but this was not one of my favorites. I thought Held Up was boring. I would not recommend this film.
May 28, 2010
i absolutely HATE jamie foxx but this was sooo hilarious lol
April 27, 2010
watch it with some buddys and ull prolly have some laughs
½ April 27, 2010
quite a few laughs to be had, funnier with a group of friends. the pigs are probably more realistic than they think they are...westsiiiiiiide
November 12, 2009
funny movie laughed the whole way through it
September 22, 2009
This movie ive seen about 4 times and this shit is hillarious one of Jamies great funny performances one to definitely check out