Helena From The Wedding - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Helena From The Wedding Reviews

½ August 21, 2014
ok indie cdrama about relationships and love
December 13, 2013
Not much of a plot, but in the end, it made me feel good. Relationships are not always what they appear.
July 28, 2013
A boring epilogue style format with the misconstrued assumption that you would care about either couple.

May 7, 2012
Lots of potential, but ultimately boring and too full of goody-goody characters. Movie would have been better and more believable if Helena had actually bedded one of the weekenders. Also unbelievable is that the husband who was suspected of cheating (wife found condoms in his briefcase) was actually a victim of a prank. In real life people sometimes (perhaps often) cheat on their spouses. Was this movie aimed at adults or adolescents?
½ January 30, 2012
Netflix sleeve descriptions are often misleading, but this beginning deserves reposting: "In this coming-of-middle-age" story....
½ December 17, 2011
Boring movie about boring people.
December 8, 2011
I wanted my artsy fartsy intellect to really "like" this movie... But I didn't... Perhaps I just wasn't deep enough... i found it bland and overly depressing... I did not care about any of the characters except for maybe Alice...
September 12, 2011
Good capture of 30-something anxieties and frustrations, that could have easily been a stage play, with eight characters holed up in a cabin for New Years Eve. I'd recommend it, except the ending was a bit unfulfilling.
Bonus: Kiwi Melanie Lynskey still good as ever.
½ June 1, 2011
Slow & Tedious. It Reminded Me Of What I Hate About Certain Couples Whom Scout-Out Information On Others To Then Return & Talk About What Gossip They Have Because They're Own Lives Are So Boring.
½ March 27, 2011
pretty boring. It was so promising too but everything that promised to happen didn't. All it did was confirm that marriage is a bad idea.
March 11, 2011
I really liked this cast but frankly, none of these characters were all that compelling nor were the "insights" into the complicated nature of marriage and growing up all that insightful. That said, it had a nice natural style to it that made it watchable enough.
February 19, 2011
The film offers genuine moments of insight into these couples and individuals lives. The tone was lighter than I had anticipated, and plenty of hilarious scenes between the characters that are so recognizably real to one's own life that you can't help but find the situation even funnier. Unfortunately these moments of insight and laughter are spaced out a little too far apart, at times the story is simply uninteresting and boring. The performances given by the ensemble cast are all subtle and pitch perfect. Although Gillian Jacobs who probably is the most recognizable actor among them really isn't utilized enough. Leaving her character extremely undeveloped and more like a plot device for other characters to respond to.
December 27, 2010
Good cast, good concept, a little slow.
December 24, 2010
It's not a new formula, but it's one that works. It's really nice to see Melanie Lynskey given something substantial to do. And Lee Tergesen plays the role of a ticking time bomb perfectly. And any movie with Jessica Hecht is good. She makes everything better than it is. Horrible title, though. I can't imagine how or why they used it.
December 23, 2010
Three couples spend New Year's Eve in a mountainside cabin. They talk about stuff and bitch at each other. That's it really. Mildly entertaining.
½ December 23, 2010
Excellent performances from a delightful ensemble make Helena From the Wedding a melancholic and compelling study of a group of friends approaching middle-age and struggling with their relationships; romantic, personal, and professional.
November 14, 2010
Hey, this film I saw at SXSW is on Flixster now! It was pretty good, but also pretty average and boring at times.
November 14, 2010
je l'ais pas vu mais ca a l'air nul ? Non ?