Hell Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hell Baby Reviews

February 8, 2019
Hell baby is absolutely just pointless and stupid.Felt like a B-Class "Scary Movie" minus the hilarity . So irrelevently stupid at points. Little humour that i actually enjoyed. Not worth watching. Its a shame because the actors involved i really like them.

Just not in this movie.
January 8, 2018
It's not easy to craft a review to appreciate a film hotter than a night on the town with a high profile serial killer.

Remind yourself, if you please, of an episode of Saturday Night Live where the spoof's grab video ends, "You are going to hell."

Artful blend of Generation X multimedia cultural conditioning, this film has zest all the way down to certain deconstruction of 'That 70s Show'.

Not much a drop was wasted of scathing rip after scathing rip of retro indecency come back to haunt the living with all the living terror of hellfire eternal.

Sure, you can live live over again the same way twice. But taking all those jabs from 1990s film fare should had taught you a thing or two by now. And if ever there was someone who took a deep stab into the problem of youth angst, I think this comedy duo would had been somewhere in the shadows on the spot with a couple active lenses, taking in the strew at full effect.

Oh, it's not 5-star fare, but I'm rating this as a B movie. It's got quite a hefty lot of flair both for masochist and hedonist alike.

Never underestimate human nature. The chemistry in this film seems to be well-studied and unafraid of achieving a service to the viewer who gets the most straightforward of messages right perfectly, the first time through.

So, what's the grab here? It's not crap, and it belongs to a generation of film that you'll rarely see these days where the production crew has somehow got talent. Oh, there's nothing so obvious as a stamp that officiates the culture within a culture that this assembly of personalities represents. But then, the film clearly doesn't need one to succeed.

You can't judge a book by its cover nor by its ways. I think you'll be amazed at how simple it can be to follow the program and seriously entertain what to do when faced with such obvious conclusion that when you watch this film, where it shall be taking you. You'll need that very sort of pose to enjoy the ride, IMO, which seems to explain its ingenuity.
August 2, 2017
Have you and your friends (or family) ever done anything impulsive? Maybe you guys decided to go on an impromptu road trip. I've done the impromptu road trip with the boys back when I was around 19 or something. The reasons for which this road trip took place are personal, so I won't be sharing that story. But, really, it could be anything that you do impulsive with a group of people. For example, almost every Adam Sandler movie feels like this. Like he just did it impulsively with the same group of morons he's worked with for 20 years now. They went up and took a vacation to some beautiful place and, in between their vacation, they made a shitty movie. When I say that that ends up describing this flick perfectly, please don't misunderstand me. This is better than every Happy Madison (Sandler's production company) has produced with the lone exception of Reign Over Me and that's the only one I can think of. I'm sure there's others, but they're not better by much. Look, I'll be straightforward with you, I really wanted to like this movie. I honestly did. The concept isn't exactly the most unique, this OBVIOUSLY isn't the first movie where a woman has been pregnant with the literal devil's spawn. I'm sure you can think of, at the very least, ONE other movie that fit this description. But I think the fact that it felt over a weekend with a script that was barely finished had a lot to play in why I felt that this movie could not be described as good. Hell, I don't think it can even be described as average. The thing is, I think this movie can certainly be described as having peaks and valleys. It's just that the valleys outnumber the peaks like 2-to-1. Off the top of my head I can think of just two scenes that legitimately made me laugh. The first involved a small appearance by Kumail Nanjiani, what a fucking surprise, this guy is hilarious. And the second is when the adults play hot potato, quite literally, with the a set of newborn twins (one good and the other the spawn of Satan). There's obviously other scenes that made chuckle, but they're not that numerous or memorable to begin with. I mean, this movie certainly has a great comedic cast. And you can see that they were clearly having a blast filming this movie. It seemed like it was a stress-free environment for these people to work in. Not saying it was stress-free, but that's just the vibe the film gave. It's obvious that a lot of freedom was given to the actors to just do whatever they wanted. Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant (both wrote and directed this) also created the show Reno 911! and that show was mostly improvised using a broad outline for where they wanted each episode to go. It's obvious that the same approach was used for this film, because it feels like they literally came up with nothing on their own prior to filming. Its scattershot nature is readily apparent and this, quite frankly, feels more like a series of skits barely held together by a narrative. This is obviously meant to be a very silly horror comedy. Supremely silly, I would say. The movie is inherently easier to get through if you realize that and I realized that when I saw the trailer. I didn't come in with any expectations that this would be any great shakes, but I hoped it would be a fun time for however long it lasted. Apparently, even those 'expectations' were too high. It's probable that I am being too harsh on this movie, since I legitimately wasn't bothered by this at all. But, I have to be objective, and this just isn't what I would call a good movie. It's ok and you can watch it no problem, but I feel a lot of people will end up feeling the same way I did about this. Look, Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant clearly have talent and they've displayed it many times in the past, both in front and behind the cameras, but this isn't as good as their comedic pedigree suggests it would have been. Not to mention the comedic pedigree of the cast too. There are certainly some very funny scenes here, I'll be the first to admit that, but there's just no consistency to be found here. Obviously going with a heavily improvised approach was not the best choice here. Don't know what else to say, this movie misses the mark by a decent margin. This isn't an offensively bad movie in the slightest, it's just a silly, but perfectly watchable, movie. I can't recommend it, but you might get something out of this if you go in with a different mindset than I did. There's nothing else to say, watch at your own risk.
July 4, 2017
Pretty good for a lower tier comedic horror movie. The two leads are funny, the script clever, the acting is good, the two cops are great. Gratuitous nudity, which is, well, gratuitous and puts this movie in the category of summer teen flick. Other than that, it's a cute movie, for what it is. The female lead is especially good so that I looked up to see what else she's been in. The male lead is realistic in his acting, which is surprising, since this is written to be an unrealistic scenario.
June 5, 2017
Had some moments that made me laugh hard.
½ September 4, 2016
Considering everyone involved I expected much better. Highlight for me was the devil baby FX.
½ September 2, 2016
If you're after brainless laughs and just overall retardation, then by all means watch this movie. Everyone else please don't ever bother. Poor Leslie Bibb, she's actually a decent actress why is she doing these trash films?
April 19, 2016
This movie was fun !
January 24, 2016
Hell Baby is a spoof of a lot of films, but we'll specifically say that it mainly targets exorcism films. Everything goes wrong for this family when they move into this weird looking house. Naturally, that should have been expected for the steal of a price that they bought the house for. The film almost makes fun of itself and it's not necessarily a good film, but it's a fun film, it's really random and at least it's kind of different, if not ridiculously over the top with some bad acting.
½ January 3, 2016
Funny in parts but totally all over the place, I wanted this to be better considering all the talent behind this. In the end it just never works and all the work is for nothing.
½ September 25, 2015
So stupid it's hilarious
September 15, 2015
This movie was hilarious and the performances by the actor's were great. Just reading the movie info narrative was ridiculously outlandishly funny and the movie did not disappoint. This was so funny!
½ August 31, 2015
Dumb, but funny if there's nothing else on
August 29, 2015
Enjoyable horror movie spoof with a few good laughs, yet doesn't quite rise to the same level as some of the Scary Movie series.
July 22, 2015
This movie was crazy, funny
June 7, 2015
nothing new, just a bunch over the top gags n a crazy story line that jumps all over. has a few laffs but overall nothing special
May 3, 2015
5/3/2015: Ok at best. Corddry is pretty funny!
½ April 29, 2015
This was a pretty good mix of horror and comedy. The jokes were obvious but it didn't detract from the enjoyment of the film.
½ April 14, 2015
The crass,rude comedy is the rage the last few years and just like that style this comedy is a tired,unfunny mess.
April 6, 2015
Poor and not funny at all