Hellbinders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hellbinders Reviews

skactopus
½ June 20, 2015
It apparently takes 3 directors to piece together Hellbinders. Mitch Gould, Hiro Koda, and David Wald each take a character to unleash on the oni.

There is a 90 minute story concept with promise. Told with some comic book panel visuals and narrations, Hellbinders receives minor points for style, but ultimately, the production value is its big hindrance. Uninteresting settings and mediocre dialogue only goes so far at telling the story.

The action is stylized with some quick sword and gun play, which is a plus. The choreography may be bundled with low budget effects, but it doesn't seem that bad in the grand scheme of things.

While not the greatest of actors, Ray Park, Johnny Yong Bosch, and Esteban Cueto do the best they can with the script. Nothing stands out, but it ain't the end of the world.

Hellbinders shows potential, but never evolves into anything worth viewing.
½ May 28, 2013
I have to disagree as much as possible with the only other unlucky bastard who watched this piece of shit. everything about it was bad. no one in it could act. the fight scenes looked like they were straight from wwe and the cgi couldnt have looked worse, to top it all off it was boring, probably because any scene that was suppose to be entertaining was just brutally put together, although i only watched about 20min i cuold tell this was not for me.
April 10, 2012
Ray should stick to roles where he doesn't have any speaking lines. I love his work, but he just can't act very well. This movie could have been a really badass film in terms of story, action, and everything in between but it fails.
September 21, 2011
Great idea, poorly executed. The action was nice though, poor acting. If it had a big budget, it would have been an awesome movie.
½ August 9, 2011
Shockingly atrocious... please do not make Hellbinders 2. I only give it half a star for a tiny little respect I have for Ray Park, how ever after this I am not so sure... total and utter CRAP!
½ June 14, 2011
Oh God. Nothing good I can say about this. For a 'movie' that was made in 2009, this should not have been this bad - terrible.
½ April 1, 2011
Oops, I paid money to rent this. It really felt like a cheesy pilot to a late night Sunday Fox TV show. It certainly tried, but even fell short of that.
½ March 21, 2011
Sounded interesting, but I couldn't finish it. TOO low budget for me. The acting sucked. Actually everything sucked. Don't waste your time, unless you're looking for a joke.
March 18, 2011
A gloriously horrible low budget action chocked full of of wit and blood. Ray Park truly lights up this film commanding the lead role, surrounded by a a bunch of nobodies. If you can forgive it's low budget effects and comic book style editing, it's a thrilling supernatural actioner of good verses evil.
January 5, 2011
Interesting concept, and I will give them credit for trying something different with the comic book editing, but it gets old really fast. Other then that, it is just ok, with fairly by the numbers action scenes and Ray Park doing some acting other then just stunt work was good enough for what it is.
December 2, 2010
Tu n'as pas d'idees, pas de fric et tu n'es pas foutu de raconter une histoire qui tienne la route ? Qu'importe, toi aussi tu peux tourner ton propre film de super-heros avec tes potes! Prends un ninja (c'est cool, les ninjas), un gros boeuf immortel (c'est cool, les immortels) et un tueur cynique (c'est cool les tueurs. Et pis les cyniques aussi). Intercale des images BD avec une police de caractère Comics et des phrases à la con. Recrute Ray Park (Darth Maul dans Episode one, Snake-eyes dans GI Joe et plein d'autres rôles muets) et fais lui dire des conneries. Et puis, n'oublie pas de prendre un maitre du mal qui ressemble à Andre Glucksmann (tous les maitres du mal devraient ressembler à Andre Glucksmann, d'ailleurs). Et voilà, tu le tiens, ton film DTDVD que les gens achèteront parce qu'ils ont deux euros en poche dont ils ne savent pas quoi foutre devant le bac à soldes. Histoire de lui degotter quelques qualites, les combats de "Hellbinders" ne sont pas trop mal choregraphies pour une production aussi desargentee et de temps en temps, l'une ou l'autre vanne suscite une hilarite polie. N'empêche qu'il est quand même bien pourri dans l'ensemble, ce bidule.
½ September 25, 2010
Worst Graphics EVER!!!
September 2, 2010
It was an okay movie. I really didnt know much about it, but I have been a fan of Johnny Yong Bosch so I had to watch it. It wasnt anything to get excited over, but at least it was different, plot wise, from most action movies.
August 29, 2010
A cool action-fantasy that delivers the goods. It's a very stylish piece of independent action film in a slick comic book style but if it had a bigger budget it would of looked and felt better. Ray Park is just awesome to watch, he makes this character his own and delivers in a big way with humor and style. I wish he had more roles in action movies these days to show off his charisma. Hellbinders is a entertaining film that has lots to offer if you can keep an open mind and try to accept the low budget effects
July 12, 2010
½ June 16, 2010
June 14, 2010
Horrible production value, god-awful sound design and starring Darth Maul & a Power Ranger.
June 9, 2010
SKIP IT!!!! That's all i need to say.
½ June 6, 2010
What was up with the comic-bookiness?