Hellboy Reviews

• 2d ago

The best way to tell that you're watching a film by Guillermo del Toro is if it has incredible makeup and practical effects yet horrible CGI. Hellboy is pretty much the same way, with a couple of interesting characters but not much else in the story or action department.

• Jan 09, 2021

Not as good as the 2nd but pretty damn enjoyable. No complaints here.

Not as good as the 2nd but pretty damn enjoyable. No complaints here.

• Dec 29, 2020

I truly enjoyed this movie

I truly enjoyed this movie

• Dec 13, 2020

The reason Hellboy garnered a cult like following was more to do with legendary artist Mike Mignola's unique style of illustrating his weirdo characters. His highly stylised, blocky, shadowy artwork was unprecedented and was the ideal vehicle for his short, punchy monster stories; so I didn't know what to expect from the film version. You can't translate the eye catching visuals of an iconic comic series onto the big screen so what we're left with are the fairly shlocky b-grade monsters that inhabit Mignola's world. It turns out that isn't enough to make a brilliant film even with an excellent cast and capable directing and production. It's an amusing way to pass the time but for any fan of the comics it's a little passe. Ron Pearlman is well cast as Hellboy and the production is very good but an ongoing tv series or cartoon would have worked better. Also, the tone of the whole film is wrong. Too gloomy and fatalistic where the original character always had a wry ironic wit despite the horror inspired subject matter of witches and devils and lost souls. Not bad, but not great.

• Dec 04, 2020

I enjoyed this Hellboy movie. The humour was decent the action scenes were not bad. The visual effects were okay as well. I give it a 3/5.

• Oct 18, 2020

Hellboy delivers a great story, action, humour, interesting characters and awesome CGI. Perlman was excellent as the title hero and Blair was fantastic as his love interest. I loved it.

• Oct 17, 2020

Hellboy (2004), is a nice monster movie. The plot while being somewhat complex with everything that is going on, develops the characters and tells Hellboys story in a cinematic way. I love all the action scenes, and all the editing and makeup is just outstanding. The visual effects while being somewhat outdated, are not overused, and add on to the experience. The only problem I had with the movie, is that I wanted to learn more about Abraham/Fishstick's backstory and, how he is so smart and compelling. Hellboy (2004) is a fun superhero/monster movie. So 7/10, I appreciate that Guillermo is a superhero, monster guy.

• Sep 20, 2020

I loved this movie. It was entertaining and well-paced. One thing that I liked about this movie was it didn't have unnecessary scenes or unnecessary stretching. Pearlman played the role of Hellboy very nicely. All of the other significant characters are equally well-presented by their respective actors. The movie moved well, didn't get stalled anywhere, and both the action and drama were moderated with smooth transitions between each. Overall, I would recommend this movie to everyone. You will surely love it.

• Aug 31, 2020

I wanna have a second one so I can enjoy it more

I wanna have a second one so I can enjoy it more

• Aug 30, 2020

Película con buenos efectos e interesantes personajes, hubiese preferido un mejor guion para que hubiese sido mas llamativa