New Hellboy II Images Online!

Get your first look at Johann Krauss.

It's been a few months since Guillermo del Toro gave us a peek at what's going on behind the curtain with Hellboy II: The Golden Army. What do you say we check in on Ron Perlman and the gang?

Well, would you look at that -- the official Hellboy site has gone and updated itself with a slew of new images, including the first picture of armor-wearing ball of ectoplasm Johann Krauss (well, it's a picture of his armor, anyway). Here's the synopsis for Hellboy II, opening July 11:

With a signature blend of action, humor and character-based spectacle, the saga of the world's toughest, kitten-loving hero from Hell continues to unfold in Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. Bigger muscle, badder weapons and more ungodly villains arrive in an epic vision of imagination from Oscar-nominated director Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy).

After an ancient truce existing between humankind and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken, hell on Earth is ready to erupt. A ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below defies his bloodline and awakens an unstoppable army of creatures. Now, it's up to the planet's toughest, roughest superhero to battle the merciless dictator and his marauders. He may be red. He may be horned. He may be misunderstood. But when you need the job done right, it's time to call in Hellboy (Ron Perlman).

Along with his expanding team in the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Development--pyrokinetic girlfriend Liz (Selma Blair), aquatic empath Abe (Doug Jones) and protoplasmic mystic Johann--the BPRD will travel between the surface strata and the unseen magical one, where creatures of fantasy become corporeal. And Hellboy, a creature of two worlds who's accepted by neither, must choose between the life he knows and an unknown destiny that beckons him.

Source: Hellboy

Comments

IBelieveInHarveyDent

john lyon

i thought the first one was pretty fun so im kinda looking foward to this one.

Jan 30 - 06:39 AM

He_Who_Cannot_Be_Named

Jeremy Guerrero

I can't help but have the sneaking suspicion that this will, in fact, be awesome =)

Jan 30 - 06:44 AM

Goosemagnetic

Mike Gainer

Even the people that worked on the first movie said it sucked. It will suck. Don't THINK FOR A SECOND that it will be a good movie.

League of extrodinary gentlemen part 2. Thats all it is!

Jan 30 - 08:27 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Who on the crew said it sucke? please tell me. I thought Hellboy was really good, and I think Hellboy 2 will be even better. By the way don't even try to compare Hellboy to LXG, LXG is one of the worst movies ever made.

Jan 30 - 08:52 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jan 30 - 08:52 AM

Weicher

Alvaro San Martin

Hellboy is the worst film directed by Del Toro (even worse than "Mimic"), but I think he's a very talented director. He can learn from his mistakes and pull this off.

The only problem is that Mignola's comic-books (I hate the term "graphic novel") have mind-blowing art but so-so scripts (and this is a huge difference with other super-hero films).

Jan 30 - 09:00 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

HEYYYYY DEL TORO just confirmed in an interview hes gonna make THE HOBBIT movie, Thats so AUSOME. Its such a great choice, hes a great director!

Jan 30 - 09:15 AM

Weicher

Alvaro San Martin

I'm worried that the man hasn't read any Tolkien's book except The hobbit.

The guy directing this film must have a full comprehension of Tolkien's world. At least Jackson and Walsh are still in it.

Jan 30 - 09:39 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

WHY, I wanna see a new look. We've already seen that look 3 times. Its time for some fresh blood people. The Hobbit will be ausome.

Jan 30 - 02:58 PM

Weicher

Alvaro San Martin

I'm worried that the man hasn't read any Tolkien's book except The hobbit.

Jan 30 - 09:39 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jan 30 - 02:58 PM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

I hope Hellboy 2 is better than the first one. I have hope it will be, Del Toro is talented enouth to pull it off. Hellboy 1 was only average, but w/ a cool main character.

LXG is not the worst movie ever, let alone worst comic book film. Catwoman, the original Punisher, Elektra, Ghost Rider were all much worse. LXG can be enjoyed in its own right, don't take it too serious. And the special effects are quite good in it, Hyde is much more realistic than how he was portrayed in Van Helsing (which was also worse than LXG).

Jan 30 - 10:23 AM

Ruckas356

william mccloskey

i thought the 1st one was good. It had alot of different locations and looker really good. The 2nd should be better . But whats with the pic up there. Thats not a pic that gets you excited about anything.... how lame....

Jan 30 - 11:03 AM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

The first one is decent, but the newest trailer doesn't give me hope for the new one. One of the reasons that books are so great is the minimalist style that flows through them... where the new trailer looks like CGI over packed garbage.

I'll still see it though.

Jan 30 - 01:06 PM

monkeyonaspring

Sam Dunning

you got my exact qualms with del Toro's interpretation of the comic. He makes it too big and action-packed whereas the comic's charm came from its quiet ambiguity and eerie qualities. At least Perlman got the character of Hellboy down perfectly...

Jan 30 - 01:25 PM

monkeyonaspring

Sam Dunning

glad they're bringing Johann in though...

Jan 30 - 01:26 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Well he needs use CGI, he shoots as much as he can without using CGI. He uses it like when its really needed. Unlike that peice of crap Transformers movie.

Jan 30 - 02:42 PM

monkeyonaspring

Sam Dunning

Jan 30 - 01:25 PM

monkeyonaspring

Sam Dunning

glad they're bringing Johann in though...

Jan 30 - 01:26 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jan 30 - 02:42 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jan 30 - 02:58 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

What about Blade 2, I thought that was really good and I actually liked it more then the first one. Del Toro is Ausome- Pans Labyrinth, The Devils Backbone, and Hellboy.

Jan 30 - 03:07 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

I rarely get excited about movies any more, but this looks good. The preview is very intriguing, and I liked the first one. I just hope they spend a wee bit more money on the CGI.

Jan 30 - 05:19 PM

Ratchetcomand

Miki Phippi

Looks awesome, i like the first movie and the comics.

Jan 30 - 05:58 PM

ksheepir

Randy Ramirez

I'm sketchy on this one. I was so so on the first one. It was okay, but like Weicher said, Mignola has a certain feel in his books that are obtained through his visuals. His storylines were always abit shaky. As for Del Toro, Pan's Labyrinth was great, but the second blade was only okay. The first one had a great gritty feel to it (that was totally destroyed by the B.S. slapped on ending that made no sense and was otherwise garbage), but Del Toro polished the second one too much and tried to make it way too big. It lost something when he got to it. It's a roll of the dice, but all in all I think this could be pretty good. Here's hoping.

Jan 30 - 11:18 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast