Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Hellboy 2) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Hellboy 2) Reviews

½ October 25, 2016
I haven't seen this in a long time, but would love to check it out again!
August 26, 2016
love this movie sooooooooooooo much
August 21, 2016
Hellboy 2 is great entertainment with humor and action!
½ July 29, 2016
One of the better sequels you will see, It's more witty better got action, Better story and better effects, A must watch film for all comic fans.
½ July 15, 2016
Hellboy II: The Golden Army is directed and written by Guillermo del Toro, and it stars Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones, and Jeffrey Tambor in a superhero film about Hellboy doing his usuals, killing monsters, saving the world, that is until an unknown villain is trying to wake the golden army by getting the pieces of a crown to wake them, and Hellboy and his crew are gonna do what it takes to stop him. It has been a long time since I've seen this film, and I remembered that it was a better sequel. So after watching Hellboy and this, I can say that the sequel is better in surprisingly almost every way. The action scenes are more exciting to watch, and the characters have more depth in this. The acting is still great, Ron Perlman is intimidating as usual, Doug Jones is really good, and Selma Blair was actually pretty good as she gave emotions in this when in the first one she didn't necessarily acted like she had emotions. The special effects look great, and the practical effects are amazing to look at, as it felt like it was giving a touch of style from Guillermo del Toro after directing and writing Pan's Labyrinth. The plot is the typical superhero stuff, but it does have a lot of inventive stuff that helps me to take a bit of my mind off of it. The villain is a little better than the original, but I can understand that there are going to be some people that doesn't really care much about him. One of the best parts of the film in my opinion, is Seth MacFarlane as Johann Krauss. He does a great job of having the German accent, the design of the character, and when it goes to his comedy moments, they are hilarious, which I was surprised that Seth MacFarlane was even in this. I guess a comedic actor, that people don't think is funny, being in a film with a talented director and writer, is like when Adam Sandler was in a Paul Thomas Anderson film. Overall, Hellboy II: The Golden Army is a lot of fun to watch, and if they make another one, I'm all for it.
½ June 27, 2016
Hellboy II meets up again with Red (Ron Perlman), Blue - Abe (Doug Jones who also appears in a few other roles) and Liz Sherman (Selma Blair).  Her secret is spilled to the audience pretty early on thanks to Abe.  This film begins with a story by Father, Professor Broom (John Hurt in a cameo) to young Hellboy.  It is the story of the elves and The Golden Army and the crown to control the Army which was broken into three pieces.  The elves were given two pieces and the humans one.  Present Day.  Prince Nuada emerges from exile and retrieves the human's piece from an auction.  His next step is to take the other two pieces from his father and his twin sister, Princess Nuala.  He is almost successful in both counts until Nuala escapes and is saved by Abe who falls in love with her.  Before they can return to the B.P.R.D. Nuada releases a "jumping bean" which turns into a pretty awesome tree monster.  At this point Hellboy begins to struggle with existing within the real world that's afraid of him or existing within the realm of monsters where he would fit in.  In one touching scene Liz says "You want everyone to love you.  Why can't I be enough?"  Their journey to stop Prince Nuada takes them through a land of imagination, something del Toro is pretty good at but my most favorite thing was The Angel of Death. Fucking amazing eh?  Another of my favorites was no more victim Liz.  In this film she is self-assured and stronger.  She is a much more likable character this time around.  Also, wait till you see the Army. I very much recommend this flick.
June 18, 2016
I loved it. Even better then the first one. Great fast moving plot with a perfect blend of cgi and practical effects. Also lots of humor and fun action scenes. Awesome.
½ June 12, 2016
str8 better than 1st
May 29, 2016
I must say the sequel is surprisingly good and better than I had expected. A very quirky romantic story it is.
April 27, 2016
Funny , good fights ...exelent Adventure-movie ....like that Hellboy ! SOMDVD
April 11, 2016
Hellboy 2 improves on many of the aspects the original had going for it, and Ron Perlman proved yet again to be a perfect fit for the lead character. Visually impressive, as is almost all of Del Toros are, but the overall plot could've used a bit more firepower. I'd love to see Hellboy physically and mentally challenged, the enemies seemed more like roadblocks to him than anything else. Nonetheless, I am excited to see a third installment to this series, please make it happen!
March 30, 2016
So entertaining and visuals around. Love this movie. I hope they make more.
½ March 6, 2016
Super imaginative and fun while also being an improvement over the first one. It's not significantly better but the story is much more engaging. I enjoyed it and thought it had impressive visuals.
February 16, 2016
I thought it would be bad. However, it turned out to be pretty good. even better than the first movie.
½ February 14, 2016
Senza dubbio all'altezza delle aspettative, anche se forse la trama in certi punti l'avrei sviluppata diversamente; evidentemente Del Toro ha voluto mettere molta carne al fuoco e in 2 ore di pellicola c'è stato dentro al pelo, facendo sì che lo spettatore all'uscita dal cinema si aspetti prima o poi un Hellboy III. Ma lo farà?

Devo dire che gli effetti speciali e il make-up sono fenomenali considerando la quantità  spropositata di creature che ci sono in questo film, ed è praticamente automatico notare le similitudini con l'universo di Star Wars, o le atmosfere di Men In Black.

Liz "Selma Blair" Sherman è un po' attiva rispetto al primo capitolo della saga, ma non raggiunge i livelli di Red e Abe, i cui personaggi in questa storia si completano perfettamente a vicenda diventato una coppia riuscitissima.

Bello e carismatico anche il cattivo di turno.
February 6, 2016
This film has the right amount of drama, action and comedy. It's a really good follow on from its predecessor and has an interesting villain. The final scenes are especially entertaining as the golden army is released.
February 1, 2016
A quirky super hero movie with laughs and dark motifs that keep you wanting more until the very end.
January 15, 2016
Just as fun and awesome as the first movie with fun characters,
January 9, 2016
It's a comic book adaptation and like most of such, does nothing spectacular except for the action and effects. Plot is routine good-guy-versus-bad-guy wanting to destroy all humans. The one-liners and quips aren't the spider-man level cynical jokes. But, the movie still is watchable - there's nothing working to take it higher, but then there's nothing to pull it down either.
Ok to watch.