Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Hellboy 2) Reviews

• Jun 20, 2019

When was the last time you enjoyed a song in a commercial film, you will leave the screen humming, in love. Hellboy: The Golden Army Del Toro is good. Simply good. The writer and director, Guillermo Del Toro, is back on the franchise and smartly, the last time. After compromising aplenty in the first installment, Del Toro is set loose and a beat of his own drum in this chapter. And going full "nerd", if I can, he has sprinkled so much of mythology in this comic book world that he might as well had started from the scratch. And comes with theses fantasies, is one particular scene to drool over. And in here, similar to George Lucas's Star Wars cantina scene, Del Toro is flexing his muscles and opening the box that, I think, came from his basement in his house. He cannot hide his love. In fact, it is more intimate than The Shape Of Water itself, since there is more room in this world to roam about, he is sticking out branches with wit and guest appearances every now and then. He ups the ante on the previous chapter's questioned action sequences, with fast forward techniques and brilliant editing. But, that is not all. The sword fight might as well be distraction. Walk through a huge battle scene that comes in the middle of the film. His action isn't particularly action. It is a decision. Del Toro deciding to live up to the size of the banner and commercial cinema as they call it, and not compromising the art behind the razzle dazzle. And so is Ron Pearlman, put with the same decision making issue, a pivotal scene in the film and for the arc of the character. He isn't punching his way out of that antic, there is shame, depression, politics and ethics involved in that scene. Eradicating a problem isn't the problem, the problem is dealing with the aftermath result that takes a toll on him, on Hellboy.

• Jun 11, 2019

It was awesome and surprisingly it was better than the first

It was awesome and surprisingly it was better than the first

• May 17, 2019

Es mas energica con acción que te dan ganas de verla sin parar y escenas bien realizadas con el mismo humor de la anterior pero a un nivel más poà (C)tico.

• May 13, 2019

More comical than the first but still a fun film

More comical than the first but still a fun film

• Apr 20, 2019

A+ sequel. Loved it.

A+ sequel. Loved it.

• Apr 20, 2019

The charm is not as fresh as it was in the first Hellboy but its a more than entertaining comic book film with improved action and undeniable creativity as well as visual splendor.

• Apr 18, 2019

Coming out of the cinema after the *new* Hellboy, I had one thought about it: I need to re-watch Hellboy 2: The Golden Army to wash this stink off of my mind. An awesome movie that puts to shame whatever the hell the guys in charge for this remake aimed at. Because it is nothing more than an over-bloated gore fest, folks. It lacks the subtle comical undertones of the first, the good, down to earth dialogue and relatable characters, the intriguing story, the fascinating cinematography and anything else that made the original 2 cult classics. Sure, they might not have broken any box office records when they released, but I assure you, a third installment by the brilliant Del Toro, combined with the glove-like portrayal of Hellboy by Ron Perlman would have cashed in much more dollars than this and, more importantly, it would have cashed in many of our hearts for years to come! Hellboy (2004) and Hellboy 2 (2008) are a must watch for many reasons. Some were stated above, some you will discover for yourself.

• Apr 16, 2019

5/5. Funny, with a lot of heat, Hellboy II is superior to the original in every way.

• Apr 16, 2019

I was actually pretty excited to watch this because I liked the first one and this sequel turned out to be better. The main charters are awesome, they are cool looking and actually have emotional problems that people can relate to. The costume design and makeup are wonderful, very detailed and colorful. Even the setting and set pieces are pretty. The action was much better too, exceeding the first one by a long shot. My only negative thoughts are that some of the CGI was bad and the actress who plays the main female is actually bad. But yeah, a better sequel in every way.

• Apr 15, 2019

GOOD MOVIE, "Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Hellboy 2)"(2008) to GO SEE at a THEATER, if you can!