Hellcab - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hellcab Reviews

October 25, 2014
What a devastatingly important story this is. Of course cabbies will relate, but it's not even really about cab driving, but more about the human condition, the ways we are different, and the ways we are the same. It starts out feeling like Repo Man and ends up like Crash (2004). It seems like a much older film but it was made in '97 and features many stars including Michael Shannon, Gillian Anderson, John C. Reilly, John Cusack, and Julianne Moore. The soundtrack is also amazing, my personal faves being Skeleton Key and The Grifters. The critics are totally clueless on this one and it barely gets any attention on Rotten Tomatoes. We gotta change that!
January 22, 2013
This is the version I own. "Chicago Cab" I guess is the rerelease name or TV name. From old review: "A GREAT CHICAGO MOVIE! Very well made. Paul Dillion is incredible in it."
½ April 1, 2012
Hellcab is not a horror movie, nor a thriller, so don't be fooled by the title. It is more of a drama-comedy as it follows a regular day in the life of a regular Chicago-based cab driver. What makes the film interesting is all of the different people he comes across, and the conversations, fights, counseling sessions, and drama he comes across on a typical day. Check it out, it is definitely not the typical Hollywood product, and that is a good thing.
March 9, 2011
Great flick! More people need to see this one. Would love to find on DVD. My tape is getting worn out.
½ September 9, 2009
This movie has so much more potential. This could be a balls to the walls thriller. There isn't any nudity, and no real violence to speak of. There are a good number of cameos, but they fall short of rememberable. Remake crazy Hollywood needs to consider this film for a remake.
May 10, 2009
Flawed, but unique with some great scenes. The ending is moving without being too manipulative.
February 20, 2009
Very weird movie with tons of stars in it, but comes with a very good message in the end.
February 2, 2009
½ December 7, 2008
This movie was weak.
August 24, 2008
Very indie film. Kind of jumps around alot. Not really much of a plot, kind of drags on and on...will this movie never end? It's not bad, yet...it's not good.
July 30, 2008
Very good. It looks like a horror flick, but it's really an indie drama. It's a pretty simple film about a man who picks up people in his cab... that's it... But the whole movie is in the dialog, which is pretty well said. Also the cab driver is a little socially inept, which makes it a little better.