Hello Down There - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hello Down There Reviews

½ February 2, 2014
Got that Hay little Goldfish song stuck in my head for a week. lol
August 21, 2012
Find this and watch it
½ August 18, 2011
I loved this show when I was a kid. Just watched it again for the first time in at
least 30 years. It's lost a lot of the magic now that I am an adult, but was still
good to watch. The abrupt ending was very disappointing though.
December 12, 2010
This movie has an excellent cast and an interesting story, but it gets way too silly sometimes especially the songs. For the most part it's funny, though. Overall I enjoyed it, and if you like funny and interesting movies check it out.
½ October 25, 2010
Awful movies I love: "Hello Down There" with Tony Randall, Janet Leigh, Roddy McDowell and Richard Dreyfuss. Oh, and Ken Berry is the villain. The villain!
½ January 1, 2010
A bizzare mix of 1960's underwater super optimisic technology fascination ( like Voyage to the bottom of the sea, or Flipper) teen-pop-rock 60's beach blanket film, throw in some 60's sitcom stars and a few cinema biggies add in script seemingly taken from an Archie's comic book or typical 50-60's Disney film and you get this little Comedy of Errors. Janet Leigh is the dutiful 1960's Mom (laundry, cooking, cocktails & night gowns), Tony Randall her visionary aquatic engineer husband, the 2 wanna-be rockstar kids, Roddy McDowall ( is there a 60's major comedy he's not in?) as thier hippie boy wonder record producer. McDowall talks in a hippies slang so bewildering it rivals the Jive Slang guys from the Airplane! movies. There's a really funny culture moment as Jim Backus (Gilligan's Island) who plays Randall's boss and represnts "the esablishment" gets into word play with McDowall and calls him a "communist." This cracked me up as McDowall's character was more capialistic then Backus's. It's a small moment but that's what I sometimes look at when I watch film from different eras. Rounding the cast is a young Richard Dreyfuss(Jaws) playing the band leader and being so well dubbed when singing it reminds you of a Britney Spears concert. This film is actually the first time he fights a shark, clubbing one over the head with a guitar when the sharks attack the undersea home.
½ December 16, 2009
I enjoy this movie, songs and all.
½ July 5, 2009
Tony Randall is just a lot of fun with his clean moive' for a good laugh
flixsterman
½ January 31, 2009
"Little goldfish, where you going to? Little goldfish, let me swim along with you. Little goldfish, we could have a whale of a time. Doo-doo-doo Put your fin in mine. Doo-doo-doo..."

-Thanks to Hello Down There this goofy song has been stuck in my head since 1969!
October 19, 2008
I loved this movie as a kid. A family tries to live underwahter in a leak proof house. The kids are in a band which adds fun to this somewhat awkward family film. Tony Randall stars and Janet Leigh.
July 25, 2008
one of my favorite movies from the 60's rediscovered, I still love it!
½ July 8, 2008
Tony Randall, Janet Leigh, and a bubblegum rock band fronted by Richard Dreyfuss live in a futuristic underwater home. (There are a few clips of the songs up on youtube.) I think what really pushed this over the top for me was the cartoon sound effects, but Charlotte Rae as the wacky maid was fun too. (I somehow always knew that when I finally joined Netflix, this sort of thing would be my highest priority before I got around to anything "classic" or "reputable".)
June 12, 2008
So cheesy! Hilarious!
May 31, 2008
5.5/10. Silly and very corny 1960's comedy, but oddly likeable. The cast is good and so interesting to see a very young hippie Richard Dreyfuss. It plays like a Disney film from the era. Diverting.
April 10, 2008
I pooped, and the turd looked like Rosie O'Donnel playing tennis with Burt Lancaster.
jjnxn
January 28, 2008
Stupid, it's a shame to see talented performers trapped in junk like this!
January 10, 2008
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my guests.
½ January 5, 2008
hey little goldfish , where you going too hey little goldfish let me swim along with you , a great movie , still looking somewhere to buy it , This movie is part of my childhood that I do not want to forget
October 23, 2007
This movie was so cool when I was a kid, and today I still think its fun to watch.
exnavykds
½ September 10, 2007
Very effective at getting that goofy song stuck in your head... "little goldfish, where you going to? little goldfish, let me swim along with you. little goldfish, we could have a whale of a time... la la la... put your fin in mine... la la la..."