Hello Down There Reviews

• Aug 21, 2012

Find this and watch it

Find this and watch it

• Aug 18, 2011

I loved this show when I was a kid. Just watched it again for the first time in at least 30 years. It's lost a lot of the magic now that I am an adult, but was still good to watch. The abrupt ending was very disappointing though.

• Oct 25, 2010

Awful movies I love: "Hello Down There" with Tony Randall, Janet Leigh, Roddy McDowell and Richard Dreyfuss. Oh, and Ken Berry is the villain. The villain!

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

This movie has an excellent cast and an interesting story, but it gets way too silly sometimes especially the songs. For the most part it's funny, though. Overall I enjoyed it, and if you like funny and interesting movies check it out.

• Jan 01, 2010

A bizzare mix of 1960's underwater super optimisic technology fascination ( like Voyage to the bottom of the sea, or Flipper) teen-pop-rock 60's beach blanket film, throw in some 60's sitcom stars and a few cinema biggies add in script seemingly taken from an Archie's comic book or typical 50-60's Disney film and you get this little Comedy of Errors. Janet Leigh is the dutiful 1960's Mom (laundry, cooking, cocktails & night gowns), Tony Randall her visionary aquatic engineer husband, the 2 wanna-be rockstar kids, Roddy McDowall ( is there a 60's major comedy he's not in?) as thier hippie boy wonder record producer. McDowall talks in a hippies slang so bewildering it rivals the Jive Slang guys from the Airplane! movies. There's a really funny culture moment as Jim Backus (Gilligan's Island) who plays Randall's boss and represnts "the esablishment" gets into word play with McDowall and calls him a "communist." This cracked me up as McDowall's character was more capialistic then Backus's. It's a small moment but that's what I sometimes look at when I watch film from different eras. Rounding the cast is a young Richard Dreyfuss(Jaws) playing the band leader and being so well dubbed when singing it reminds you of a Britney Spears concert. This film is actually the first time he fights a shark, clubbing one over the head with a guitar when the sharks attack the undersea home.

• Dec 16, 2009

I enjoy this movie, songs and all.

I enjoy this movie, songs and all.

• Jul 05, 2009

Tony Randall is just a lot of fun with his clean moive' for a good laugh

Tony Randall is just a lot of fun with his clean moive' for a good laugh

• Randy T Super Reviewer
    Jan 31, 2009

"Little goldfish, where you going to? Little goldfish, let me swim along with you. Little goldfish, we could have a whale of a time. Doo-doo-doo Put your fin in mine. Doo-doo-doo..." -Thanks to Hello Down There this goofy song has been stuck in my head since 1969!

• Jul 25, 2008

one of my favorite movies from the 60's rediscovered, I still love it!

one of my favorite movies from the 60's rediscovered, I still love it!