Hello I Must Be Going - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hello I Must Be Going Reviews

½ September 15, 2013
Love is sometimes found is the most unlikely places, and always when we aren't looking for it. 'Hello I Must Be Going' is a quirky story of a woman who finds herself through her divorce and unexpected romantic affections.
July 26, 2013
Never a dull moment as Melanie Lynskey takes you on a trip down the boulevard of forbidden affection. Perfect movie, perfect cast.
½ July 12, 2013
an indie romance which only really has one thing going for it, Melanie Lynskey. Without her, there would be very little to keep you watching tihs to the end.
½ July 10, 2013
Melanie Lynskey is een juweeltje in deze film, en bewijst duidelijk dat ze sinds haar debuut in Heavenly Creatures nog steeds een film kan dragen. De humor is niet altijd evenwichtig en het acteren van Dan Futterman laat wat twijfels over, maar het is een prima low-budget komedie/drama die een taboe onderwerp goed aanpakt.
June 12, 2013
Interesting movie about how a May-December relationship helps a woman find herself
May 8, 2013
"Hello I Must Be Going" mostly works because of the humorous, light-hearted personality of the script and the irresistable performances of Melanie Lynskey (It's about time she's gotten a leading role) and Christopher Abbott.
May 2, 2013
An independent film that does not add much to the gender but it's nice for a boring afternoon !
½ May 1, 2013
Has a few too many cliched moments and the ending is so-so, but Melanie Lynskey's passive charm carries the film nicely
½ April 30, 2013
Amy Minskey (Melanie Lynskey) has moved back home after her husband dumped her and is going through a rough patch. A twist on the May-December romance that really worked for this viewer. Ms Lynskey has a natural beauty and a style that invites sympathy as she tries to figure out how to move on without disappointing her parents (Blythe Danner and John Rubinstein) any further. It was good to see Julie White again, as well. A good cast, fine performances and a deeply affecting story combined to make this a lovely diversion.
½ April 23, 2013
A wonderfully observant, emotionally rich story, beautifully scripted and performed. And yet its finest achievement? It made me feel less alone.
April 8, 2013
Liked the movie, loved Melanie, but the guy was supposed to be 19 years? No way. A false note.
½ April 7, 2013
Not much to say about this movie really, slightly outside the norm, family dysfunction, and the effects of failed and supposedly successful marriages... cute at times and empowering at others. Neither good nor bad.
March 23, 2013
Great story, lots of emotion, and it really punch through your heart on understanding unconditional love. Great screenplay, I admire Lynskey's acting.
½ March 17, 2013
This is my third viewing of this film. I can honestly say that Melanie Lynskey is one of my favorite actors of all time.
March 13, 2013
a gem of a movie. such a wonderful oddball.
March 9, 2013
Ish. Ni yang nak cari MILF ni. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
½ February 27, 2013
A career best performance from Lynsey can't quite save what is a bog standard Indy drama.
½ February 26, 2013
I liked this movie a lot. I thought it was sweet. it was nice to see Melanie Lynskey carry a film with a performance I found both heartfelt and comical. you enjoy the company of these characters and the soundtrack was also good. Definitely recommend this movie. If you have the opportunity to watch it, go ahead :)
½ February 18, 2013
An offbeat story about love with strong performances and subtle filmmaking.
February 9, 2013
Part of a series of movies that I'm enjoying from iTunes that are 99 cents a rental. This movie was sweet and strong...there were a couple of slow spots, but it worked.