Hell's Hinges - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hell's Hinges Reviews

½ August 24, 2016
Hell's Hinges is a solid early western with such a good cinematography, a memorable lead in William S. Hart and some great parts, but it is too problematic in its script and especially in its message which is so troublesome and just wrong. It is well made and especially well shot, but too simplistic and way too infuriating at times.
August 26, 2014
This silent western is the tale of an inept preacher sent by his Church leaders to a town where religion and law aren't entirely wanted...and a Salooon owner and the local gunslinger plot to run them out of town. But the gunslinger, Blaze Tracy, falls for the preacher's sister and accepts their religion. When others don't follow him blindly because of his crush, he gets annoyed...and once the saloon owner and a good chunk of the townspeople get the weak willed preacher drunk...Blaze goes nuts and tries to burn everyone alive. Seriously. The Christian message of this film is believe in God or we'll burn your town down and just walk away. Christians are the best! I can't say I agree with the Christian tale being told, as an Atheist, but I can say that this is a decent early western that is competently made and kind of fun...if you like movies we people go nuts and try to burn everyone alive.
April 12, 2012
Whats the moral of this story? If the nonbelievers set fire to your church, the Christian thing to do is go on a killing spree and burn the entire town to the ground. Then God will give you peace.
February 26, 2010
I really like this movie for some reason. William Hart is so cool in this cheesy classic. Liberating hell from the devil, or whoever ran the town.
November 18, 2009
I liked it. Most silent film bores me for the most part unless it's Chaplin, but this one works.
March 10, 2008
Great early western feature. Absolutely required viewing for western fans. One only wishes more were made today. Solid acting, characterizations, script, sets, and locations.