Helter Skelter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Helter Skelter Reviews

April 4, 2016
Illuminated by wonderful acting led by Jeremy Davies and Clea DuVall, this Helter Skelter remake offers a more fascinating look at the inner life of the Manson family rather than the dry procedural of the trial that locked them away.
June 27, 2015
The best in depth depection of Charlie. Jeremy Davies did an excellent job although..... I don't have time to go into how much I know the facts and certain people of the "real" Charlie and the criticism of NOT REALLY being related to him, so therefor....I think he portrayed him just coming off a much too arrogant and cocky, I think he tried to put to much emphasis n being sly and slick, so forth. Overall though, as of yet. I see NO ONE toping his performance.
½ July 6, 2014
I would have given the movie 4 stars if it's not for the anti-climactic ending. But Jeremy Davies is excellent as Manson
½ April 14, 2014
One of if not the most disturbing films I've ever seen. The actor who plays Manson does it with such a real passion and it is terrifying. If you ever wanted to know more about the manson family murders here is your chance.
½ April 6, 2014
I've watched a lot of versions of this story and I think this version is the best by far. I recommend this movie to anyone interested in this crime.
TheDudeLebowski65
February 14, 2014
Good biopic on the life of Charles Manson and his "family", Helter Skelter is one of those made for TV movie films that touches on a few truer facts about Manson's life, and takes creative liberties with the real story. There is no doubt that Manson was a sick, twisted psycho, and with that we get a feeling for the monster in a terrific performance by Jeremy Davies in the lead role. He delivers a performance that saves this movie from being a total waste of time. Helter Skelter is not a film for everyone, obviously due to the subject. But to those interested in Manson, this is a no brainer to watch. However if you're looking for an accurate portrait of events, Helter Skelter leaves a bit to be desired. The film nonetheless relies on a good cast to make up for its shortcomings. The film boasts a good story as well, but if you're going into this film expecting an accurate portrait of the events, you're going to be disappointed. Helter Skelter is better than most made for TV films, and for that it does distinguish itself from other films of said genre. With a good cast, and a good script, this film is good for what it sets out to do, but it is not the definitive portrait of Charles Manson's life. The film serves more of a stepping stone for people who merely interested in the subject, and it does manage to entertain. However, like I said, this is a film not for everyone, and if you're not interested in such a subject, then I would recommend you'd skip out on this one. But it does manage to be entertaining and quite frankly disturbing at the same time, which makes Helter Skelter a memorable dramatic biopic about one of the most depraved psychos of the 20th Century.
December 7, 2012
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
October 16, 2012
Better than manson family, but still sucky for how diabolical this story is
½ September 13, 2012
3.5/5
pretty good overall, hear the 1976 version is better so I will watch that one and compare...
½ May 10, 2011
Davies does a fine job as Manson, but I'm simply not interested in Manson or his dimwitted hippy followers enough, to give ''Helter Skelter'' a fresh rating.
March 13, 2011
When I get to the bottom, I go back to the top of the slide, Where I stop and turn
and I go for a ride, Till I get to the bottom and I see you AGAAAAAAAAAIN!!!!

This was really good...its a TV movie bare in mind. Creative ways to make a famous story a little more thrilling, not that it needs that, but it was a good plus! I think that Linda girl was the one who wrote the book because she seemed a little too innocent but it was all well. And Faraday really played Charlie good, alot better than I could expect, and the end of the movie they were almost complete uncanny....It really felt like he was the real deal!
theunknownhobo
½ January 23, 2011
As an accurate representation of the life of Charles Manson, this movie is acceptable. As a piece of entertainment produced simply for this means, this film is good. I have a keen interest in Charles Manson, as most people do (:P) and I love Jeremy Davies so naturally this movie looked like a winner. If I were basing my review purely on Davies' portrayal of the mentally unhinged and deeply spiritual Manson, then this review would have five out of five easily, as I think it is one of the most comfortable roles I have ever seen him in. However as a movie and more importantly as something that claims to be rooted in fact, from my knowledge, this movie is accurate in some parts but very random in others, giving it a middle of the road two and half out of five, but making it still definatley worth a watch.
½ November 5, 2010
Not as good as the original.
½ September 2, 2010
Compared to the original movie, this version is more graphic and goes more into what lead up to the killings at the Tate home, with a brief aside to Manson's association with Terry Melcher and Dennis Wilson. This also details Linda Kasabian, the sole member who didn't do any killing but went along with the killers.

The portrayals of Manson, Sadie, and the others are worthy of mention, with Jeremy Davies' Manson bringing about a unique scariness.
½ August 18, 2010
Pretty good retelling of the Manson murders, although he himself never actually killed anybody. It was mostly 'Tex' and 'Sadie,' one of the three insanely hot yet insanely--insane--girls who brutally stabbed and murdered several people, including pregnant actress Sharon Tate. the movie itself is well acted on a good scale, mostly by that wimpy translator from Saving Private Ryan who portrays Manson.
½ June 8, 2010
What the Fucking cold heartless Psychic bastards they were !
June 7, 2010
Unusually good for a true story.
May 29, 2010
These people are F***ed up, I was baffled at how influential Manson was on his "family" how someone could blindly kill for someone else. Jeremy Davies did an incredible job at Manson, he definetly had me convinced. Alison Smith was the best part of the movie for me, she was a crazyyyyyy Bitch!! Definetly an awesome serial killer court movie!
May 10, 2010
Aika onneton kuvaus koko "Familysta".
½ April 22, 2010
Jeremy Davies is awesome. That is all.