Henry's Crime - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Henry's Crime Reviews

½ September 17, 2016
The whole movie is drab and plodding, not just his character.
½ August 28, 2016
Disparate affection.
½ February 19, 2015
Even Caan's stellar performance isn't enough to warrant a place in your movie que!
½ November 17, 2014
Entertaining, but dumb ending.
½ October 25, 2014
A smart and enjoyable little film.
July 1, 2014
Two hours of my life I'm not getting back.
½ April 6, 2014
If you're a Keanu fan then you should find this movie not so bad. I'm not ashamed to admit he makes me swoon.
½ February 23, 2014
Didn't know if Henry suposed to be a bit simple or stupid in this film but liked it , good time with this !
½ December 27, 2013
There is just something inherently likable about Malcolm Venville's film. I find it hard to articulate or defend it as a solid film. There are flaws, but there is sort of easy and entertaining flow established by the pacing, the actors and the clever use of Chekhov's, The Cherry Orchard. The movie just worked for me.
October 1, 2013
This movie was unexpected and enjoyable. The cast was great and I loved the ending.
½ July 8, 2013
un thiller indie, que arranca bien pero a medida que pasa se vuelve demasiado aburrido. Para pasar el rato y nada mas.
½ April 10, 2013
Decent performances all around, but the movie limps then fizzles out with no really satisfying wrap-up.
½ March 28, 2013
Was excited to see this after seeing the trailer. But my expectations weren't matched. The film is very dry and it's more of a romantic film instead of the heist film that I was expecting. 5/10
½ February 9, 2013
Slow. .... Just couldn't finish it ....
January 19, 2013
Henry Torne is sent to jail for a crime he didn't commit & after doing the time begins planning to actually rob the very bank he was accused of robbing.
This movie is a bit & miss with Keanu Reeves being the perfect actor for this role, a man showing little affection or emotion. It's a bit dull for the most part & is no where near as good as any other bank caper movies like Jason Statham's The Bank Job.
½ January 12, 2013
It's weird, goofy, and funny, but also very heartfelt. Also, Keanu ain't half-bad, especially when he's put-up against live-wires like Caan and Farmiga.
½ December 28, 2012
I was anticipating some really good acting and an enjoyable story but THAT is just NOT what I got!

This movie moves so slowly and I wanted to watch it only cuz of Keanu Reeves but unfortunately,his acting was simply PATHETIC.
Probably the worst movie and acting that he has ever done.
DO NOT watch this regardless of whichever genre you like,cuz it sucks all around.
IGNORE it and move on,PLEASE!
½ December 15, 2012
"Keanu was perfect for this role. He is good at playing awkward silent types. I think that's just how he is in real life. So it's not a role I feel that challenged him much. As far as the story goes, it was just OK. Nothing special here. The acting was just OK as well. I liked Vera Farmiga in this. Her character is loud and a bit of a bitch. But that's not a bad thing, lol. She and James Caan gave this movie life. I was a little bored most of the film. But if you like a quiet crime drama, this is for you. Not a movie I would see again."
November 21, 2012
Henry Torne(Keanu Reeves), a tollbooth operator, lives with his wife Debbie(Judy Greer), their only point of contention being their childlessness. In all other ways, Henry could be considered a nice guy. For example, when his friend Eddie(Fisher Stevens) comes calling with his sick pal, Henry agrees to take his place on their softball team. Except it is not a softball team but a bank robbery. Henry is sent to prison which Max(James Caan) enjoys very much for three years when he does not give up any names. When Henry gets out, he finds his wife has moved on and he gets hit by a car driven by Julie(Vera Farmiga), an actress and lotto spokesperson. Since it is unclear whether or not he hit his head, it is hard to judge his big idea fairly. Even then, he is going need a little help...

Simultaneously too long and with an abrupt ending, "Henry's Crime" is otherwise a moderately appealing and off-beat heist comedy. Instead of taking advantage of its economically depressed setting of Buffalo, NY by showing people working hard to scrape by, the movie strangely enough has a stated theme of how people fail through a lack of ambition. To be honest, Keanu Reeves is perfect as a man sleepwalking through life.(Whether that is a compliment or sarcasm is up to you.) At least, the ever versatile Vera Farmiga is on hand to brighten the proceedings while James Caan is fun to watch.