Herbie Goes Bananas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Herbie Goes Bananas Reviews

July 23, 2016
Cheesy but has good moments.
½ June 19, 2016
Herbies in Rio for one last adventure.
December 25, 2014
Not the greatest sequel in these enjoyable Herbie series as the storyline is lacking and far fetched, but, still fun to watch with the family
½ August 8, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
May 12, 2014
I guess this might be my second favorite Herbie movie; I did watch it about as much as "Monte Carlo". The scene where Herbie "walks the plank" is really heart-breaking. But the relationships of the orphan boy and the car really pulls the movie through as well as the relationships of the other characters. In the end, that's pretty much the theme of this film: friendships. And I like that.
January 5, 2014
I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with:
* The Love Bug (1969)
* Herbie Rides Again (1974)
* Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo (1977)
* Herbie Fully Loaded (2005)
½ January 1, 2014
Christmas movie with Gertie.

The worst of the franchise by a mile. Some of the hammiest acting I've ever seen. Gertie loved it!
½ February 23, 2013
130221: I was surprised that I enjoyed this movie as much as I did. The film quality was good, there were some funny moments, my boy enjoyed it quite a bit (8 years old - another surprise), and I loved the way Herbie looked with the wide tires and moon caps. Cool car. Probably a little better than my 2.5 stars but just can't give it 3.
½ January 5, 2013
Sorry, Herb. Looks like you hit a roadblock this time :-(.
½ January 1, 2013
1 and a half is a kind rating. This film isn't great - the storyline is dull, unoriginal and Herbie doesn't seem to be the same bug you could love.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
October 16, 2012
Great Disney Classic....
½ September 6, 2012
More fun for a fun car.
July 15, 2012
Great kids movie, can't go wrong with herbie.
April 13, 2012
always did like the herbie movies
August 23, 2011
An inspiring flick agian reminds me of my childhood years (brings back a lot of fond memories
½ July 15, 2011
NOt as good as the original but still fun to watch.
June 9, 2011
"La coccinelle Mexico"
½ June 3, 2011
HERBIE GOES BANANAS (1980)
March 10, 2011
I don't want to see it, but Herbie Goes Bananas is my favorite movie title ever.