La sfida dei giganti (Hercules the Avenger) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

December 1, 2014
bbcfloridabound
July 29, 2009
Hercules The Avenger aka La sfida dei giganti

Another Hercules movie this one filmed in 1965: Directed by Maurizio Lucidi who directed 3 other Hercules movies and a few Spaghetti Westerns. My copy came from a double feature from Image Entertainment. This also included Hercules and the Black Pirate. In Hercules the Avenger, Hercules is played by Reg Park who has all the muscle for a Hercules, back before performance enhancing drugs made muscle instead of a good workout. And finally a Hercules movie where we meet Hercules wife and son, not the typical Hercules movie where he's running off in the sunset with a new women or to find a new women. No in this one Hercules wants to just sit back and relax with the family, unfortunately a nasty goddess has it in for him. His son is badly mauled in a lion hunt, and to save him Hercules must again undertake a perilous journey and overcome one obstacle after another. He is also called upon to rescue the Queen of Syracuse from a villainous muscle man, who also calls himself "Hercules"--in fact, he is the no-good son of the aforementioned "nasty goddess". Color is good, real good on this movie, not washed out like most and very few dark scenes. So I have to give it 3 stars.