Here on Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Here on Earth Reviews

February 1, 2016
Here on Earth is a disappointing film. It is about a rich college kid who is taught a lesson after a joy ride ends up destroying a country restaurant. Chris Klein and Josh Hartnett give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Mark Piznarski did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
January 11, 2016
Terrible film. Music was way too good for this yawner. Had no idea until I saw the casket at the end that she was dying. Snooze but don't lose when you miss this film. Better to miss this one than to see it.
½ July 31, 2015
That this teenage romance, young love, disease of the week flick rises above the genre is credit to its young stars. Josh Hartnett and Chris Klein square off like two young banty roosters fighting over a pullet. Chris Klein has been described as a thinking man's jock. Josh Hartnett is one of those character actors who inhabits a part to the point that he leaves one saying, oh that's who that was. The girl they lock horns over just happens to be the local sheriff's daughter. Annette O'Toole plays her mother having come a long way since Beach Blanket Bingo, she later plays Superman's mother in Smallville. Michael Rooker, Cruise's competition in Days of Thunder plays Hartnett's father though it is interaction with his mother that assumes more importance in his life. The reconstruction project at the centre of the movie seems to be a community event. This is another one of those townie vs rich spoiled private boy's school stories. The point is driven home repeatedly that Richie Rich's father treats his son just like another one of his investments whereas the local yokel has loving parents who are involved in their son's life. Thrown in as best bud is a muscular bleached blonde whose parents obviously own the local general store.
½ April 26, 2015
This could be mistaken for a Nicholas Sparks' film. It was overly dramatic, fast and yet it dragged on at times, and two people fell in love in the blink of an eye for no reason at all. Not what I was expecting, but pretty good nonetheless. Worth seeing at least once.
½ November 12, 2014
July 18, 2014
One of the cheesiest movies I have seen in a long time. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained
June 24, 2014
Weak, weak, weak! Characters are un-likable....what am I saying?! Everything in this atrocity is un-likable!
May 29, 2014
Sexy teen flick about indecision and how life is short.
May 8, 2014
muy padre pelicula muy realista
October 16, 2013
Here on Earth? More like Hell on Earth. This movie sucked.
November 25, 2012
really good but be ready to cry!!
August 17, 2012
Fantastic, heartfelt film. It's been another one of my favorites for years.
August 1, 2012
succeeded in touching my emotions.
July 23, 2012
A sweet sad movie :(
June 8, 2012
ONLY because of Josh Hartnett...
½ May 28, 2012
la historia es muy buena
½ May 1, 2012
Here on Earth misses all opportunities to be memorable and to reach out - the development of the plot is too weak, the characters don't struggle enough, the very intimate and tender moments are missing. The actors are promising, but don't save the film... Chris Klein's character is the only nearly interesting one, tho still too 2-Dimensional and not really deep. The girl, played by Leelee Sobieski, is awful, carrying only one expression in her face that she almost makes you fall asleep.
Oh - what a suprise, this ain't a Nicholas Sparks movie!
April 21, 2012
Loved it but i think she picked the wrong guy
April 18, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012

(2000) Here On Earth

Stupid chick flick tearjerker similar to something one can get from a Nicolas Sparks adaption has son (Chris Klein)of a wealthy mogul drag racing with the Josh Hartnet character wrecking the daughter of the family, the Lelee Sobrieski character's owned restaurant with the sentence to contribute into the rebuilding of it. It is soon found out that she has cancer and doesn't have the same feelings as her current boyfriend which is the Hartnet character as much as the Chris Klein character since he loves to incite some poetry.

Corny and stupid which everything about this film can be predicted if seen enough of them and definately intentioned for the simple minded and to people who don't watch a whole lot of films because all this is is recycled bullsh-t from better ones.

1/2 out of 4