Hero and the Terror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hero and the Terror Reviews

August 31, 2017
You know, when I was a teenager, me watching Hero and the Terror might be fun but got off of it made me think it's a declining film. I don't mean it's bad but it got it's decency as a good film this movie actually is. Danny O'Brien played by martial arts star, Chuck Norris is going after a serial killer called Simon Moon who kills women. He had a nightmare thinking about it when he stopped him from past years. His wife is going to be pregnant so he has to take her to the hospital and let her rest. There are some good action scenes in this, well, it's not all action in it. I mean, the ending fight scene is pretty good but it had a disappointing ending but it doesn't take the movie away with the 80's song in the end credits which I like so yeah. Hero and the Terror is a pretty good movie that sets foot on the killer who kills women, well, not every movie is like that. It's a film that you might really like or not and after I gone of it, I still think it's a good flick for Chuck Norris.
February 12, 2017
Poikkeuksellisen vähän toimintaa sisältävä poliisijännäri jossa Chuck Norris metsästää Mike Myersin kaltaista sarjamurhaajaa.

**- /5
½ September 9, 2016
I love Chuck and I appreciate the attempt to stretch beyond the hard arsed, one man wrecking crew he usually plays, but aside from the light chortle I got from him passing out during his partner's child birth, Hero and the Terror felt like it never quite pegged down a tone for itself. It wanted to be a comedy, a drama and a pop-corn friendly action flick and failed at all three. There was never any doubt about how the movie was going to turn out and Chuck's legitimate world class martial arts skills are sparsely utilized. Wouldn't go as far as saying this is a must skip & it damn sure ain't a must watch, but I struggle to determine a mood or situation one might be in where giving Hero and the Terror a watch seems like sound investment of 90 minutes. There's certainly better b-grade Chuck Norris flicks to choose from.
½ August 15, 2016
A d ecent thriller starring Chuck Norris, the kind of a movie that is easily watchable at nightime..
March 4, 2016
This action/crime thriller is a change in pace for Chuck Norris in his strongest field of genre, action.
Norris stars as Detective O'Brien (AKA Hero), a traumatised man who has recurring nightmares of the night he caught the crazed serial killer, Simon Moon (AKA The Terror).
The Terror has escaped from prison & women are starting to turn up dead. O'Brien is put on the case to catch this serial killer.
A slow burn thriller, with a decent but basic plot to keep the viewer entertained, if you go into this thinking its a run of the mill Norris film you'll be disappointed, this however decides to show more acting skill than martial arts skill.
February 25, 2016
An understated Norris movie. It's a decently made thriller with our hero actually having to show some character depth. It's not high art, but for a late 80s B flick it's more than passable.
January 14, 2016
Norris plays an uncharacteristicly vulnerable character as a cop in pursuit of an escaped killer he helped put away. Steve James is largely wasted (again) and killed off prematurely (again). Closing love duet "Two Can Be One" is no way for a Chuck Norris film to finish.
½ January 9, 2016
Routine thriller lacking any real thrills. Not one of Norris' finest. He does sport some cool shades though!
½ January 1, 2016
Incredibly formulaic and cheesy crime action/thriller. The killer is the worst cliche, and Chuck Norris' character is such a douche in this, there's just not much to recommend. Unless you want you see a drama about two unmarried lovers contend with having a baby, but if that's what you want, I wouldn't look to a Chuck Norris movie for it...
April 15, 2015
This is one of the better Chuck Norris starred films.
March 18, 2015
A surprisingly decent thriller with Chuck Norris playing a more serious role.
December 20, 2014
The Globus/Golan 80s version of "Cape Fear" about a giant mentally ill criminal (The Terror) escaping from his facility to get revenge on Chuck Norris, the cop who put him away (The Hero). This film is littered with goofy, unintentionally funny, 80s touches, including most villains having either mullets or ponytails, Steve James sporting a nice WrestleMania cap, people falling through rooftop skylights, and a nicely cheesy score by Steven Seagal's regular film composer, David Michael Frank. It's all pretty silly and you get exactly what you'd about expect out of a Chuck Norris 80s flick. Ron "Superfly" O'Neal plays the mayor and Billy Drago plays a kindly doctor. Dumb, but if you're in the mood for a dumb Norris flick you haven't seen before, I suppose he's done worse (i.e. "Sidekicks").
July 23, 2014
Good thriller, pretty underrated.
May 13, 2013
I own this in a five movie pack along with:
* The Delta Force (1986)
* Delta Force 2(1990)
* Invasion USA (1985)
* Missing In Action (1984)
½ January 31, 2013
Lacking sufficient action or Chuck Norris cliches, Hero and the Terror fails at everything.
October 27, 2012
Chuck Norris as a cop haunted by a near death experience arresting a hulking murderer. Chuck's last film with Golan-Globus. Seeing Chuck work out with cables proves he believed in the Total Gym long before he promoted it with Christie Brinkley.
½ October 13, 2012
the title gives me the chills
½ August 27, 2012
Typical Chuck film. If your gonna watch Chuck you know what your getting
March 28, 2012
One of my favorite Chuck Norris movies back in the 80's. :) I'm so glad I finally own this movie after watching it on The Movie Channel back in the day. :)