Heroes Season 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heroes Season 1 Reviews

August 9, 2013
great story. Liked the other seasons, but I have to think of them as seperate thing altogether, because they are not on the same level at all.
March 28, 2012
Great show. A new generation of heroes. But sadly it ended with 4 seasons.
July 24, 2010
I didn't watch the first season when it came out on NBC and was hesitant to watch it but when it came out on DVD i decided to take a change and buy it because of all the good things i had heard about it and i wasn't disappointed in fact i got hooked and watched it all over one single weekend and now over the last two years i haven't missed a show and i am still as hooked as ever .Heroes has it all romance,betrayal,action,drama,comedy,intelligence,sexy characters and it has one of the most interesting plot i have seen from a NBC show.

The writers do a great job keeping track of the characters and giving every single one a purpose and a goal to try to reach.The acting is fantastic, most of the cast are "unknown" but they surely made a name for them self here over the last four years but the great thing about it is the fact how completely different all the characters are and how they have matured over the three seasons.
July 7, 2010
I got so attatched to all it's characters, plot, and dramatic dynamic. Heroes is a great Television series about Superheros trying to live normal lives
½ May 20, 2010
I remember watching the first season back when it aired on NBC. I had to watch every episode. It sucked me right in til the finale. Definitely dug each hero and it didn't hold back on the violence or really have any mercy for any of the heroes. Very different, but sadly, I can't say the same for the other 3 seasons.
½ April 1, 2010
Should have been a mini series...watch season one dump the rest out
March 28, 2010
UMMMMMMMM where have I been??? 2 weeks ago I got my wisdom teeth removed and had nothing to do but watch netflicks on my brother's X-box for a week. So I decided to watch Heroes since I never got a chance to get into it. BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!! I literally watched season 1-3 every moment that I was awake all week and I am sooo addicted.
½ March 16, 2010
this show started with a bang the action drama did contribute to the story which was amazing
February 21, 2010
Heroes MIGHT have turned out to be a great experience but it's not. At least for me. The storyline is entertaining and yet chaotic. Too chaotic for my taste. It started pretty good and it went well until about the middle of the season. Then it started to get boring. The idea of the whole thing is good but the realization omho is far from great. First of all the effects sometimes are made so badly that it's obvious that it's not real. The whole purpose of the special effects is to enchant the image in such a way so that you think it's real or at least that it looks as real as possible. Here you will see lots of blood that looks terrible - like water-colours for $0.50. Especially when our cheerleader has a face covered with this stuff it made me laugh. One might think she jumped in a pool with water-colours or just that someone smeared a cherry-pie all over her. The other special effects are definitely NOT better than the blood-thing. The flying looks pathetic. I can go on and probably it'll take me a couple of hours to describe all flaws in the special effects realization. BUT this wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't so much chaos on the screen. Jumping in past, present and future, sometimes wandering in dreams...I find if frustrating to try to keep up with the plot when everything doesn't follow some decent order. Yes, the main story gets revealed slowly. I liked that. But it's difficult to find a piece of straw in a pile of straws. Another thing that made a bad impression was the acting itself. There are maybe 2-3 (Hiro (very funny), the father and the serial killer) of the whole bunch of actors in this series that can actually play their role as they're supposed to. The others stand there either whining about something, or making some artificial comments about heroic stuff, family's dignity and values, or just do their special thing.

I'll definitely not waste my time with season 2, 3 etc. If a series fails in my eyes in its very first season, than it's not worth watching (even if the next seasons are fantastic, which I really doubt for I see many comments saying that S1 is the best of all seasons).
½ January 28, 2010
Very well done, started out out slow and finished strong.
January 13, 2010
An amazing series, watched in 3 days and the best of all the seasons!!
January 13, 2010
Starting with the pilot episode, Heroes presented a plethora of characters and storylines, in locations spanning the globe. There were the bickering Petrelli brothers in New York City. The cubicle drones Hiro Nakamura and Ando Masahashi in Japan. The high school cheerleader Claire Bennet in Texas. The troubled scientist Mohinder Suresh in India. The struggling police officer Matt Parkman in Los Angeles. The single-mother stripper Niki Sanders in Las Vegas. To say the cast was large would be an obvious understatement. Early on, having all these characters to get to know was thrilling. Each week, as we discovered more about their backstories, the extents of their superhuman powers were slowly revealed. This was a major strength of the series and one of the biggest reasons the show garnered such incredible buzz.
January 9, 2010
Action, drama, suspense, great characters, a story that catch ur attention since the pilot episode this series has it all. After watching the first episode I was blown away, only I could say was WOW, I felt that I had to watch the next episode and the next and the next, I was kinda compulsory. I really LOVE this serie, at least the first season, because the other season deserves another review, but all I can say is that it's a master piece of tv programs.
½ December 21, 2009
Watching this multi-layered series reminded me of the thrill I got when reading the "Watchmen" comic in my youth (in fact I wish the "Watchmen" and "X-Men 3" movies were more like this show). A group of ordinary people who discover they have extraordinary abilities, to use for good or ill.
"Heroes" is currently on the Sci-Fi channel, but I had to revisit my DVD for this review. In my opinion it is one of the best Sci-Fi series of this decade.
December 19, 2009
Great series! Ordinary people, who can do extraordinary things...... Telepathy, Precognition, Telekinesis, Healing and Flight some of many fantastic super powers demonstrated in Heroes Season I, 10/10
November 5, 2009
Season 1 is incredible. This season is the best of the three by far. The plot is simple, ordinary people with extraordinary abilities find their power and have to cope with having a power. Of course some use it for good, some use it for bad & some can't control it. It's all about the people themselves. Saving each other from possibly one of the greatest evil villains in sci-fi, Sylar!

Definitely not a series to miss. One of the top critics summed it up well. It's so good that it makes you forget it has any weak parts, true, I can't find any.
October 9, 2009
This First Season is incredible. You really can not wait to see the next episode, but it loses rhythm after the episode 20, the best episode of the season. Unfortunatelly, because the idea is very good.

*My native language is Portuguese, so, forgive my English mistakes!
October 6, 2009
season 1 is perfection...especially after being compared with season2&3.. hope season 4 doesnt let me down...yeah, the writer's got hell a lot of explaination to do.
August 22, 2009
I was hesitant to watch this show at first but it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire season. Shockingly wonderful I've never seen a t.v show where ever epsiode is making you laugh and want more. Great action Great characters Great tv.series.
July 21, 2009
A tv series that you cannot stop watching when you started watching it.The sequence of events and how they are being displayed in short lengths have been exclusive..and this truly is a great fun to the onlooker.What you see a complex story and it is being simply said as well.Once you start watching you won't probably give it up.Save the cheerleader save the world.