He's My Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

He's My Girl Reviews

June 19, 2016
Single musician wins contest to L.A. but must be accompanied by a female companion, so his best friend and manager Reggie decides to dress in drag to help his friend. The rest of the comedy is spent trying to fool everyone and the cliches of drag comedy ensue. It's a fun, idiotic 80s comedy.
½ September 14, 2013
Lame cross dressing "comedy" about a rocker winning a trip to LA and wants to take his friend, but he can only bring his girlfriend, so, of course, his buddy, T.K. Carter (Nauls from "The Thing"), dresses up as a woman so he can go. It's only worth watching for ridiculous 1980s hair, clothing, music and 1980s Jennifer Tilly.
December 18, 2010
Mildly amusing story. A long drawn out "comedy" about two musicians and one who needs to win a contest. To be in the talent contest, one of the friends has to be a girl and so he dresses and acts like one. This film has its amusing moments, but too far and in between to make this worthwhile.

I could count the times I even smiled in this lame comedy.

T. K. Carter

Story by: Terence H. Winkless
Editor: Roy Watts
Composer: Roger Webb
March 5, 2010
I rented this on video in the late 80's and I quite liked it.
½ April 28, 2009
He's My Guy (2-1/2 stars out of 5) This is another 80's mistaken identity comedy. It stars T.K. Carter (Punky Brewster's teacher) as a guy who pretends to be a woman to win a contest to L.A. with his hot best friend Brian who's a musician hoping to make it big. Jennifer Tilly does her thing as the girlfriend who has no idea Brian is dating Regina who is really Reggie who is dating Tasha who thinks Regina is dating Reggie not Brian. Lost yet? Good. Harmless fun.
November 17, 2008
Pretty bad 1980's comedy. The score is particularly bad and the acting isn't very good at all. The story is dumb and the direction is awful.
September 3, 2008
this is such a great film!!!
August 18, 2008
Love this off beat comedy....you wouldn't think of watching this but beileive me it's a must see....
March 26, 2008
What a classic 80's film when drap was fun for straits!
February 20, 2008
he's my girl is a funny movie about two friends who win a trip to hollywood. but there is a catch one of them has to be a girl. this is one movie to add to your List!
½ February 9, 2008
This movie will have you laughing. It's a messed up friendship movie.
½ December 12, 2007
Crazy movie, but it had it's funny moments.
September 22, 2007
So so cheesy but also classic '80's.
June 23, 2007
The 80s were great weren't they?
May 3, 2007
½ July 30, 2006
Ahahahahhaaa! This is a crazy movie! But not in a good way. I wrestled with actually telling the world that I've seen this movie, yet we were mesmerized!! Truly awful in every way, but some hysterical moments.