He's Way More Famous Than You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

He's Way More Famous Than You Reviews

September 23, 2015
This movie is a drunk mess but somehow it works. Love all the guess cameos.
½ September 8, 2015
Horribly unlikeable main character. Doesn't flow at all. Just annoying for the most part.
June 14, 2014
A great little movie! Original and funny -- what else to ask for?
½ August 14, 2013
The rise & fall of an hollywood star... 7/10
July 21, 2013
Boring and irritating at the same time
July 2, 2013
I definitely loved this film. You have to however be an admirer of totally and completely zany comedic films. I am reminded (as an example) of "What's Up Doc" with Barbra Streisand & Ryan O'Neil from 1972. This film is CRAZY, wacko, but is also cute, clever, funny and made me laugh out loud in several places. Even within it's craziness, it still made me root for the lead character of Halley. She's so sad and pathetic, you really want her to better her life and pull herself up and succeed at being happy. Her brother Ryan is awesome as well. You really feel for him that he's not a successful actor, and it waiting for his own big break. Again, I must say you need to be someone that appreciates and enjoys crazy, zany comedic "romps". If that is you, and you are not expecting a cinematic masterpiece made with millions of dollars, you will love this film. It certainly is quite worth seeing.
July 1, 2013
Michael Urie's directorial debut was a loud, nails on the chalkboard 90 minute exercise in Halley Feiffer's self indulgence. Run, don't walk as fast and far away from this as humanly possible.
½ May 16, 2013
Somewhat annoying movie can't believe i made it through. Painful and pointless
May 16, 2013
As someone who normally half smiles at comedies, i absolutely wet myself laughing at this! Halley Feiffer had me laughing my arse off. She is a wildly intelligent woman who shone a huge light on the madness of an actress, the irritating nature of movies and fame, and it was so refreshing to see a 'quirky' female character who did not rely on fluttering her eyelashes.
So fun, such a captivating watch, it didn't matter to me that it didn't blend well together because it came together in the end so fantastically. Well done!
May 13, 2013
Halley Feiffer is luminous. This may be her first movie, but it won't be her last! We need good comedies and "He's Way More Famous Than You" is laugh out loud funny, pokes fun of all of us, our culture and our favorite foible--Fame. Best of all, Ms. Feiffer doesn't mind making fun of herself. A great comic actress is born, as well as a great comic writer.
½ April 23, 2013
¨I was in the biggest indie of the last century¨

This is one of the few movies that I couldn't finish because it was just terrible. I felt like if I watched it any longer I was being a masochist. This movie was intolerable for me and after sitting through 40 minutes I had to walk out because I felt it was really pointless. It was just not my kind of film and I doubt it will find a wide audience because the film doesn't really work as a comedy or as a satire on the film industry. There is nothing fresh or innovative about this film, and the main character played by Halley Feiffer is just awful. Feiffer plays her role way over the top even for a satire, and she is a complete train wreck here. It was the role she was supposed to play, but I really couldn't stand watching someone like that for over an hour. I have no idea how the movie ends or if it gets any better, but I really could care less because in my opinion this is the worst film I`ve seen in a while; completely pointless. The film was written by Feiffer herself, and directed by Michael Urie, who actually plays the director in this film as well. Urie is known for his supporting role in the Ugly Betty series, and they constantly remind us of it in this film. There are several cameo appearances of actors playing themselves as well, but the lead characters are Halley Feiffer, Ryan Spahn, and Michael Urie.

This is just an insane movie about the film industry and a satire on how some of these celebs become so addicted to drugs and alcohol that they just seem to lose touch with reality. Everything is taken to such an extreme that the entire movie felt like a complete mess. The film opens with Feiffer playing herself as she is experiencing some sort of success after having a minor role in the somewhat successful indie film, The Squid and the Whale. Five years later she becomes an alcoholic who can`t find a job in the industry and therefore decides to write a movie with her brother, Ryan (Ryan Spahn), about her own life. After her boyfriend breaks up with her she decides to star in her own film with Ryan and convinces him to ask his boyfriend, Michael Urie to direct it. Urie decides to help only to please his boyfriend, but everything about the film is a complete mess. Somehow they manage to get some celebrities to help out, but Feiffer`s behavior just makes Urie`s job intolerable. She also makes this film intolerable and therefore I couldn't finish it and would advise anyone to stay far away from this film as possible.
½ April 23, 2013