Hey There, It's Yogi Bear - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hey There, It's Yogi Bear Reviews

May 27, 2013
Cute little film which brings the beloved TV character to the big screen.
October 27, 2012
A very heart warming story. Funny and light with great songs.
August 11, 2011
Adorably vintage... and historically important as the first feature length animated film based on a television series.
April 24, 2011
Yogi gets fed up with Ranger Smith's rules and finagles a fake "transfer" to a zoo in San Diego, while he stays in hiding at Jellystone Park. Oddly, he doesn't tell Cindy Bear - and she sets out to find him. So Yogi and Boo Boo hit the road to bring her home.

Hanna-Barbera's first (?) feature, while technically an improvement over the television episodes, is still pretty thin in the story department. The plot often meanders and digresses, and the musical numbers feel arbitrary (though one aboard a boxcar is a fun standout). Much like other cartoons of the era, it's hard to get a sense of anything at stake.
March 30, 2011
There's not enough Ranger Smith, but the film is okay.
March 30, 2011
I saw this in the movie theater in 1964 and it still puts a smile on my face. It is funny and fun to watch with Yogi, Boo Boo, Cindy and Mister Ranger. Grab a pic-a-nic basket and sit down and enjoy a great movie.
March 30, 2011
This movie clearly shows why we haven't had many great movies based on shows.
½ March 30, 2011
This movie: suprisingly good!
March 30, 2011
Esta pelicula de cine animada no tiene nada qe envidiarle a la clasica serie de television de Hanna-Barbera. Tiene carisma, aventura y emocion, ademas que incluye la presentacion de Cindy, la novia de Yogi. "Hey There, It's Yogi Bear" no llega a ser tan buena como "Superagente Picapiedra" la primera pelicula animada de los estudios basada en una serie de television, pero tiene alma y mucho amor.
January 27, 2011
American Girl: When my grandfather died he left 10 million dollars.

Indian Girl: When my grandfather died he left 20 million dollars.

Pakistani Girl: That?s nothing, When my grandfather died he left the whole world.
½ April 3, 2010
The seams of stretching a 7-minute cartoon to 90 minutes are all too obvious (this could easily be cut to an hour or less), but it's a light enough film to still entertain kids and animation fans interested in seeing what a Yogi Bear cartoon with an actual budget looks like.

Love the James Darren song, though.
December 2, 2009
used to watch Yogi wen was on tv as a kid, would love to see the movie.
December 28, 2008
There are quite a few other great Yogi Bear movies, but I am yet to find them on Flixster. But dig in and find them because they are really fun to watch, especially in light of the fact that they are the cartoon format so many of us grew up with! = D
October 9, 2008
Made by a bunch of profiteers. Not even fun for kids.
October 2, 2008
hey booboo , hand me another one of those picinic baskets
September 1, 2008
An oldie, but a goodie.
½ March 25, 2008
YESSS!! This is why I was weary of the circus...they kidnap bears.
March 21, 2008
I loved the Yogi Bear cartoon when I was younger...