Hick Reviews

• Sep 03, 2019

Okay, I admit; not a masterpiece, but a very fun film if you enjoy weird movies (which this is) The plot is fun and surprising (although mature for it's young star) and both Martinez and Redmayne are great. Fun to pass time, nothing more then that.

• Dec 10, 2018

I thought it was a really interesting film. There were moments when I questioned humanity and where the plot was but besides that it was pretty entertaining

• Apr 02, 2018

Small town teenager Luli (Chloe Grace Moretz) escapes to Las Vegas, leaving behind her alcoholic and abusive parents. Armed with her smarts, a pistol and pocket money, she hitchhikes her way west. Along the way, Luli crosses paths with Eddie (Eddie Redmayne), an unstable rebel with questionable motives and Glenda (Blake Lively), a cocaine-snorting drifter on the run. Adapted from the critically acclaimed novel by Andrea Portes, this powerful story pulls you into a provocative world of drugs, seduction and murder. -- Great film 4 out of 5 stars Luli (Chloe Grace Moretz) . Does an excellent performance . Under Rated Film .

• May 17, 2017

This story defiys logic. Its silly in some ways. Not one person cares about this teenager. The movie goes from being pretty good to stupid thought out.

• Dec 10, 2016

Absolute trash! It's movies like this that make us Midwesterners look bad. Apparently everyone of us are coked up hillbilly rapists. It's movies like this that make everyone ask me if we have indoor toilets and electricity in my home state when they find out where I am from. Absolutely and utter shit!

• Aug 24, 2016

The thing about this movie that people don't understand is that it isn't supposed to be a typical movie. The events in the movie happen chaotically and don't follow a typical Hollywood movie story-line. That's the point. The events unfold in a way that is random, much like real life. It's filmed as if you are a fly on the wall, seeing a snapshot of someones life and not as if you are in a theater eating popcorn and being told a fun story. This movie has a lot of depth to it that people are not appreciating.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jul 12, 2016

Of all the genres that could exist "Fucked-Up-Coming-of-Age-Movie" would be my favourite. Hick is an example of such a genre. But it is not a great one. It's not a garbage movie at all, but it gets more and more lazy very swiftly as the piece goes forth.

• Jun 08, 2016

I honestly dont understand why peiple dislike this movie. I peroanally found it amazi.g it held my focus the whole time anf the acting was absolutely breathtaking.

• Apr 08, 2016

Difficult to follow but has an eerie important message

Difficult to follow but has an eerie important message

• Mar 24, 2016

this movie could have been better!

this movie could have been better!