Hick Reviews

• Dec 07, 2020

Not sure why the critics hated this one so much. The performances, especially Eddie Redmayne, are brilliant. Chloe Grace Moretz is incredible, as well. It looks amazing and has a kind of David Lynch meets Terrence Malick feel to it. Definitely worth the watch. Don't believe the stupid critics, they're probably just uncomfortable with the teenage girl sex stuff, as usual.

• Sep 28, 2020

pointless/unarousing-truly dissatisfying.nothing to boast about.

pointless/unarousing-truly dissatisfying.nothing to boast about.

• Sep 13, 2020

It has flaws but it's a decent little movie. The end made me smile.

It has flaws but it's a decent little movie. The end made me smile.

• Aug 09, 2020

Why is the score so low, I find that laughable. The performances alone are worth the watch. The story has odd missteps along the way, where I wasn’t sure exactly the tonal goal. What she goes through and her sensibility is captivating though. I thought it was a worthy viewing. The music is good, also.

• Jun 15, 2020

Unpleasant and unengaging. Hick's script strands its actors with nowhere to go with its deeply uninteresting characters.

• May 02, 2020

Many, I'm sure will consider this a "low budget"/B movie, and for some valid reasons, however; Chloe Grace Moretz pulls off a remarkable bit of acting, in making the strange/disjointed events moving and believable. There were moments when I thought too dark....too strange, but seeing it through to the end was worth the watch!

• Oct 28, 2019

Ugh. Great cast wasted.

Ugh. Great cast wasted.

• Oct 15, 2019

Terrible, that's the only words that describe this thing

Terrible, that's the only words that describe this thing

• Sep 03, 2019

Okay, I admit; not a masterpiece, but a very fun film if you enjoy weird movies (which this is) The plot is fun and surprising (although mature for it's young star) and both Martinez and Redmayne are great. Fun to pass time, nothing more then that.

• Dec 10, 2018

I thought it was a really interesting film. There were moments when I questioned humanity and where the plot was but besides that it was pretty entertaining