Hickok Reviews

• Aug 02, 2020

Hickok is a very mediocre, low production value Western full of melodrama and cliches. Half a star is purely for Bruce Dern who is the only one turning in a decent performance, but it's not all the actors' fault: the script is terrible and despite an interesting subject and relatively short run time, the movie dragged. Only for the Western enthusiast desperate for new material.

• Aug 01, 2020

I am a big fan of westerns and Hickock just didn't do it for me. Editing was worthless. Definitely would not recommend this mess.

• Jun 05, 2020

Far better than I thought, much more truthful and exciting as well. Nice look at the early life of a legend.

• Oct 29, 2019

Made Hicock looks like a stupid gunslinger. Storyline was not good. Should not have used his name. I was very disappointed.

• Sep 14, 2019

I cant understand how this wasn't scrapped when they saw the rushes.

I cant understand how this wasn't scrapped when they saw the rushes.

• Jul 26, 2019

As my hearing recovers following the rapid fire, gun-shooting intro . . . My disagreement with this Hickock portrayal expands to countless others. Here, Hickock constantly appears: clean, fresh, well-shaven, wearing laundry-fresh clothes, always two moves ahead. In real life –and this was before clean-smelling lives ruled the roost- everyone including the cute, clean, attractive ladies-most did the best they could. No one looked or smelled clean. NO ONE. Believe me. Much less neat according to today's standards. BUT we warm up to clean heroes and attractive, finely dressed whores with nice smiles. Even the villains looked ready to be on stage. Come on! I'd like to watch (but not actually see or smell) a reflection of the heroes and ladies of those days. Show me a trace of truth in Hickock days. You never see a Laundry/Dry Cleaner store next to the saloon in any movie because they didn't exist. Tide and Ivory weren't on the shelf. Any shelf. If you want me to appreciate a Western, show me one with wrinkled, thread-bare jackets and somewhat ‘ripe' people. Not always so quick with a smart response or instant, winning action, overcoming the completely unexpected threat. All I seek is a smidgen –a trace- of accurate portrayal. Just a tiny bit. Show me some smell. (Don't take me literally).

• May 26, 2019

Very corny cliche western. Poor young Joey first he's shot in the right leg then the bandage is on his left leg the back to the right. Sloppy

• May 04, 2019

Poor acting, really can't find anything to recommend this.

Poor acting, really can't find anything to recommend this.

• Mar 09, 2019

Horrible! The only things good about this movie were the sets and the acting by the more seasoned actors. Other than that, don't waste your time or money on this movie.

• Dec 22, 2018

A cliche western that doesn't take any risks and totally sticks to the blueprint. The main character isn't special enough to pull it off as its hard to get behind his back. The acting isn't a problem and the cinematography is good too. Its not a bad movie... its just ok... but watchable if you're desperate for a western.