Hidden Assassin (The Shooter) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hidden Assassin (The Shooter) Reviews

April 22, 2013
Hidden Assassin is a formulaic action thriller from the director of First Blood. Its neither memorable or bad, just moderately thrilling. The first half is mostly lame chase scenes, but when the action picks up it gets better. The ending is a bit on the anti-climactic side, but overall its right in the middle of skip it or consider watching it.
½ July 24, 2012
72%

You just have to ask yourself one thing, 'Just how much do I like Dolph Lundgren?'.
November 2, 2011
Taggart has gone completely wild, Rosewood should've seen him!
December 14, 2009
I grabbed the VHS in $5 when Blockbuster closing down.
November 7, 2008
Whatever happened to Dolph Lundgren?
May 5, 2008
i remember this one.
January 14, 2008
Hidden Assassin (1995) or The Shooter starts off as a slow burning post-Cold War political thriller about a U.S. Marshal sent to Prague to bring in an ex-CIA assassin who is suspected of recently murdering a Cuban ambassador in New York. The conscientious and suspicious Marshal (Dolph Lundren) doesn't believe the suspect is guilty; she appears to have retired to run a restaurant with her (lesbian?) friend. But with a US-Cuban diplomatic summit about to be held in the Czechoslovakian capital and this possible assassin must be brought in.

So, after a series of chase scenes on foot, by car and on trains (which are surprisingly good, hats off to the stuntmen) Marshal hauls her in - both limping and bruised. I was shocked to see 'Dolph' actually wince when he got slammed in the ribs with a fire extinguisher! Even stabbed and shot, Lundgren movie characters usually can take the blows and utter back from an unemotional square-jaw face, "I am Speztsnaz" or "I must break you." Marshal is a much more vulnerable and flawed character than I am used to seeing.

There is an admirable attempt craft intrigue and double-crosses into this film which reminded me in places of the Bourne trilogy. But Hidden Assassin (The Shooter) eventually gives up a credible espionage plot and reverts back to what Dolph seems to do best; a shoot 'em-up.

The real bad-guys are finally exposed as a champion of American truth and justice the Marshal gives them an opportunity of a 'fair and impartial' trial first but the dirty-rotten scoundrels try their luck at a gunfight on some rooftops: big mistake.
January 13, 2008
This film was good. I enjoyed it, despite his cheesy hairstyle. His performance was great.
January 13, 2008
Not sure about the hairstyle but some good action sequences in this one.
½ December 13, 2007
A solid action movie with everyones favorite Sweed kicking major butt.
November 8, 2007
It's Dolp and it's bad :) I'd rate it as a Y-movie, is nowhere near as good as a bad B-movie.
May 1, 2007
For a straight-to-video film, it's surprisingly decent.
December 10, 2006
I don't really have anything positive to say about this movie, so I will just leave it at that.
November 13, 2006
Lame and very predictable Dolph Lungren thriller action movie. Not much of a plot, mindless and completely void of anything significant. Lots of gunfire, rooftop chases etc.