Hide and Creep Reviews

• Jul 02, 2019

Possibly the best zombie film ever. To give context, I dislike comedy mixed with horror, and Night of the Living Dead is one of my top three favorite films ever. Hide and Creep is just that good, succeeding despite all my reasons for not liking similar films.

• Jan 20, 2019

After a bit of a break from the Zombie monotony of The Craptacular Compilation Midnight Horror: Zombies collection. I crawled myself out of the grave to try to finish off the last three films. Starting with the zomedy Hide and Creep. Although not a great film, I did like a lot more of it than I thought I would. Hide and Creep jumps around a lot as it tells the tale of a small town besieged by the living dead, as well as government agents, and aliens. There were a lot of storylines of minor characters to follow that seemed like they would connect, but most of them did not do so in more than a passing way. Which is my main problem with this movie. For me, the main characters were a group of not so intelligent redneck hunters out in the woods, who battle their way back to town and try to protect it and their families. The jokes from that group had a better chance to land for me, and it seemed like a more interesting group of people. I would have been good with a zombie comedy that just followed them as they tried to survive and alert people in their favorite goofy dry county hangouts about zombies. Sadly though we are subjected to those other random characters and stories that don't add a lot more then nods to the makers' favorite films. The naked guy who was abducted, the ex-deputy and his ex-girlfriend, and the video shop owner all take up time for the basic, "survive" zombie plot. With all these characters it would have made it more fun to have a siege style film like Feast...well with zombies instead of monsters. Still, Hide and Creep had its entertaining moments, mostly with the hunters, and their dialogue, but it didn't make up for long boring times with the other characters. Although I didn't rate it super high, I would recommend this for low budget zombie fans. It has enough in it to entertain them.

• Nov 13, 2014

With firmly tongue in cheek, Hide and Creep dishes out laugh-out-loud humor and tons of cheesy fun. 82/100

• Aug 22, 2014

"Hide And Creep" is a zombie comedy from a southern-fried point of view on a very low budget. The film is directed by Chuck Hartsell and Chance Shirley, "Hide And Creep" actually forgets it is low budget horror and so did I. The story was pretty tight and well thought out and the humor was spot on throughout most of the film. This indie zomedy stars Chuck Hartsell, Michael Shelton, Kyle Holman, Chris Garrison to name a few in a story of the undead apocalypse with a Dixie beltway, twistedly funny, sense of humor. Residents of small Southern town Thorsby, AL contend with bloodthirsty zombies, a mysterious flying saucer, and bad television reception. "Hide And Creep"starts off right out with a pretty eye opening first scene that makes you realize you are about to watch a funny f*cking zombie movie. I know it was a good flick because my boyfriend hates these funny zombie films and he watched it all the way through with a smile on his face! Yeah that is a big deal because the only time he will watch a horror is if it is serious and intense. I on the other hand like the whole box of colors in my horror kit. Anyway back to my review. There was a considerable and serious amount of attention paid to the story and getting it as tight as possible. It worked great. The humor was low brow, spoofy and smart. Even the actors recruited for this projected committed completely to their characters and a few took it over-the-top enough to stand out as super f*cking funny! The special effects where really low budget-where talking back to Romero's original zombie film with the painted, ghoulish faces and few amp'd up zombies at all. It doesn't affect the quality of this film at all. The director owns this story and his budget completely and with the self-confidence of a Hollywood movie maker. You can when you have a good story that you believe in and the passion to do it justice. "Hide And Seek" is a true celebration of indie/low budget zombie movie making and as embraceable to the horror fan, zombie fan in particular, as "Night Of The Living Dead" and "Shaun Of The Dead". I completely enjoyed this film from beginning to end.

• Jun 09, 2014

This film is strictly a comedy, and a very good one.

This film is strictly a comedy, and a very good one.

• Oct 26, 2013

Honestly funnier then most adam sandler and eddie murphy movies.

Honestly funnier then most adam sandler and eddie murphy movies.

• Apr 13, 2013

Low-budget zombie flick with a redneck flair. Take a slew of unknown actors, throw them in a small town in Alabama where the Sheriff and Deputy are gone for the weekend leaving the civilian dispatcher in charge, add loads of zombies (with fair effects), and mix. Supposedly, horror and humor are the result. While neither of these happened for me, I almost enjoyed it enough to recommend but not quite.

• Apr 02, 2013

bad makeup but good flick for the budget.

bad makeup but good flick for the budget.

• Mar 29, 2013

While it isn't on the level of Shaun of the Dead, Hide and Creep is a surprisingly entertaining and very hilarious little horror/comedy romp. Full review at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank"target="_blank" href="http://hotdogsinthedark.com/?p=6584">Hot Dogs in the Dark</a>

• Jan 14, 2013

I was expecting something reached, but got something that was actually quite entertaining. I laughed a lot during this film. It's pretty low budget and doesn't have the greatest plot in the world, but the characters are fun. Plus, this was filmed in my home state, and it did give me a feeling of home. It's not a masterpiece, but it gets a thumbs up in my book.