High Heels and Lowlifes Reviews

• Dec 07, 2012

''Where'd you get this number?'' ''I looked it up in the book, under 'D' for dickhead.'' A nurse eavesdrops with a friend on a cell phone conversation that describes a bank heist. She and the friend then conspire to blackmail the robbers for $2 million. Minnie Driver: Shannon Mary McCormack: Frances A nice little comedy that ranges from faint seriousness to bizarre to down right daft and funny. It's English which helps considerably, and loaded with humour dark and light. High Heels & Low Lifes has an amazing cast as well as the main two female roles Minnie & Mary there's Danny Dyer, Kevin McNally from the Pirates franchise, Mark Williams & Michael Gambon from the Potter series. A bank robbery that turns into Blackmail from two women that spirals into laughs galore. Still it's better taken in it's light hearted form and not taken seriously to enjoy the ride. A nice little dark Comedy.

• Doctor S Super Reviewer
    Oct 18, 2012

Brisk, snappy comedy adventure has a struggling actress (Mary McCormack) talking her nurse friend (Minnie Driver) into a blackmail scheme after they accidentally overhear a dirty deal go down on a scanner in London. They make a fun team together as they get in over their heads and I particularly enjoyed McCormack's mouthy character who doesn't always think her ideas through. Lots of familiar faces appear as the British thugs too. There are a few unexpectedly intense moments and more than a few loose ends (the mob reaction, the police investigation hunting for a blonde and a brunette), but mostly it's played with a wry smile..

• Jan 28, 2012

A light-hearted, comical version of Beautiful Creatures, this is a silly story about two goofy girls and a caper. Definitely not A-movie material, but it's fun on a rainy day, especially recommended as a chick-flick... Perfect for girls' night, a sister siesta or any adult gathering of girl power, as Driver and McCormick fight and stumble their way to a clever, comedic victory.

• Feb 23, 2011

Seen xx.xx.xx and again 21.02.2011.

Seen xx.xx.xx and again 21.02.2011.

• Feb 14, 2011

It was amusing. Forgettable, but I had fun for 80 minutes.

It was amusing. Forgettable, but I had fun for 80 minutes.

• Jan 14, 2011

Sisters are doing it for themselves.

Sisters are doing it for themselves.

• Nov 07, 2010

Two friends accidentally overhear a heist being committed and decide to blackmail the bank robbers. What occurs is great comedy and a good plot which does border on the silly but also is an enjoyable affair. The cast are great and bring the laughs out.

• May 17, 2010

Apparently, I am one of the few to really enjoy this film. I thought it was well paced and funny, Minnie Driver and Mary McCormack are great. The score is good, the story is entertaining. It had enough twists to hold my interest. It?s not a great film, but I enjoyed it.

• May 17, 2010

61/100. Apparently, I am one of the few to really enjoy this film. I thought it was well paced and funny, Minnie Driver and Mary McCormack are great. The score is good, the story is entertaining. It had enough twists to hold my interest. It's not a great film, but I enjoyed it.

• May 02, 2010