High Noon, Part II: The Return of Will Kane Reviews

• Feb 06, 2016

The Six-Million Dollar Man, Lee Majors, takes on the Gary Cooper role of Will Kane for this sequel that should never have been made. Although this film was written by respected mystery writer Elmore Leonard, this TV movie lacks the sharpness or suspense of his other western film adaptations (i.e. "3:10 to Yuma" or "Hombre"). The story here picks up a year after the events of the first film with Kane and his wife Amy returning to town, where he again faces a corrupt and cowardly town who won't help him face down bad guys. The cast here also includes David Carradine, M. Emmet Walsh, Tracey Walter and Trapper John, M.D., Pernell Roberts. However, despite this film's many flaws, I found myself amused by the TV-movie-of-the-week trappings and that nostalgia value was enough to keep me entertained.

• Oct 27, 2013

This western is not in my type. Will Kane from High Noon has much more initiative. I do not see any connection with High Noon. It should not be a sequel.