High School High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School High Reviews

September 30, 2016
I don't see how this movie has such low ratings.
I enjoyed this movie a lot. I guess people just couldn't understand it. lol
August 23, 2016
Zucker and Proft began their phoned in comedy long before Scary Movie with this lackluster spoof of urban dramas. A nonexistent plot and characters aren´t help by tiresome slapstick of a very base nature.
February 6, 2016
This movie is only 13% on the tomatometer??? This movie is funny as hell
January 24, 2016
Ari got me to watch one of her favorites, and while I thought it was hard to watch, I think there are a couple morsals of comedy in there. And daaaamn Tia looking hella good. -11/13/15
½ November 13, 2015
Outside of the racial and stereotypical over and undertones, it's a pretty offensive movie. Anybody associated with this movie should be ashamed. If I could give it less than 1/2 star I would.
October 10, 2015
more like high school low point in everyone's careers
½ April 17, 2015
Classic, with some flaws in flow, script and delivery.
March 20, 2015
Ça semble plus vieillot que l'année dans laquelle se passe l'histoire, en même temps, c'était avant le bug de l'an 2000 et ça parait.
½ February 16, 2015
High School High doesn't quite hit the same high notes as Zuckers' previous Naked Gun series, but the film delivers enough laughs generated by it's central star, Jon Lovitz.
August 17, 2014
I Didn't Mind This.. It Is Quite Bad In Quality Of Comedy Material, But I Still Find It Funny, Even At Times, Very Cringe-Worthy..Jon Does Make Me Laugh Time & Again.
August 10, 2014
Very very funny movie. A must watch for the new kids to go see a real comedy flick that makes you laugh. Old school movies are the best.
½ August 4, 2014
(First viewing - Late teen years)
March 8, 2014
A teacher gives up teaching at wellington academy to teach at a high school full of thugs, crooks, and pretty much every bad kid in the city. He has a chance to turn these kids life around by giving them an academic test which gets stolen and he also gets involved with drug dealers. Yeah, this movie isnt perfect and is cheesy at times and some jokes are stale but for the most part it was pretty funny and entertaining. I have always liked and respected john lovitz. I always thought he was on top of his game when it came to comedy. Its not a perfect comedy but take it for what it is and enjoy it. You will laugh more than you expected and find out that you enjoyed it after all.
January 2, 2014
Lessens on jokes (11, 13) TO OWN, ON CRACKLE?
November 14, 2013
Funny & entertainng. Poor Richard.
July 14, 2013
pretty poor spoof movie of high school gang films. a step above modern crap but still far from the best stuff like airplane and naked gun. a few quality gags surrounded by a lot of misses
½ June 15, 2013
This is a great spoof on the super-serious genre of movies that were popular in the early 90s about life in the hood and underprivileged inner city schools. Writers David Zucker and Pat Proft (Airplane and Naked Gun) effectively establish wall to wall humor that makes spoof movies like this work so well. A lot of time and attention went into the details and dialogue to make sure there is always a joke present or often of multiple funny things going on at once. There are enough minor things going on in background and smaller lines that are really funny, making this fun to watch over and over again. John Lovitz is excellent; his half serious but still lovably goofy delivery is perfect for this brand of humor. In the midst of the ridiculous and exaggerated gags there are some moments that make interesting comments or observations on the differences in cultures and may even make you think. The only thing holding it back is how the back end gets a little serious and caught up in too deep of a plot for a comedy, but it does right the ship and ends well. There is a lot of material crammed into one comedy and while many of the references may not age well and it connected with me and I loved it.
½ May 23, 2013
Entertaining if very hit-and-miss.
½ March 16, 2013
It gives spoof movies a bad name!
½ February 18, 2013
The plot is awful and plays out like one long and very offensive madTV sketch but simply in terms of entertainment, I thought it was hysterical