High School U.S.A. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School U.S.A. Reviews

May 26, 2015
Really, the only good thing about this is the nostalgia and seeing likable actors. Otherwise, this is a mess: some bad acting, bad writing, settings that are completely wrong (Missouri has palm trees?) I remembered I loved this as a kid, and I should have just let it stay in memory rather than revisiting it.
September 3, 2014
This is the best movie in the 80s
February 19, 2014
typical 80s teen plot full of bad actors cept for mr fox of course
October 11, 2013
a roger corman-like version of fast times.
January 20, 2013
I used to see this on TV a lot as a kid and I enjoyed it. Where else can Todd Bridges and Crispin Glover have screen time? Comes off more as a TV movie maybe because it was but the 80's TV was more entertaining.
October 22, 2012
Rated "G" ! wow! Well these days it would be rated PG. The box art here is ... well it is not wrong technically, but the original box art was not allowed to be used. The box art shown here is from the low priced dvd (cardboard sleeve) -this box art has nothing to do with the movie. Though there is a Trans Am, if I am seeing that car correctly. Tons of stars in this made for t.v. movie (yes you even see the commercial fade-out/fade-in's); Michael A. Fox (that's his real middle initial), Nancy McKeon, Crystal Bernard, Dana Plato, Todd Bridges, Crispen Glover, Bob Denver, Tony Dowe, Dawn Wells, Anthony Edwards & many more. Crystal Bernard though not the female star still seemed to be with her great acting chops. This movie has a ton of great jokes/scenes/set-ups & one liners. Michael J. Fox saying, "I have plenty to eat here" (Todd bridges then looks in his fridge to see nothing but an empty bottle of ketchup) :) and 1 of my favorite all time lines in a movie, Anthony Edwards remarks, "You want to be friends with me?! What could we possibly have in common!?" Crispen Glover responds, "Do you like CHEEZE?" :)
½ January 14, 2011
A very funny, cheesy, and entertaining TV movie with Michael J. Fox and Crispin Glover before they starred in Back to the Future. This movie is a lot of fun, I love watching it on a rainy day.
½ November 1, 2010
just the thought of this movie makes me chuckle.

its a bad 80's tv show pilot that just could stop growing (eventually into the feature length). kids that run the school and teachers that are 'cool'.

where the hell do you start to explain the story or the set up... so weird but somehow kept at it and then you love it.

FYI... the last line from the blind german teacher is great.
August 16, 2010
Un poco aburrida pero con Michale hay me encanto!!
June 21, 2010
September 18, 2009
Terrific nostalgia value (the 80's). The story is "okay", but a bit lame for today's standards. Mckeon and Fox clicked well together on screen.
½ August 22, 2009
This exceeded my expectations. Not only are there some of my favorite actors in this movie, it's got drama, comedy, and suspense. It's an enjoyable movie.
August 22, 2009
first saw this when i convinced mum to hire a vcr , so it was along time ago but it was one of the first films i saw and my Favourite for a while.
need to find it again to see what it's like now
shesdownbytheriver
August 22, 2009
No thanks - Not interested
March 20, 2009
it's the one with Michael J. Fox, and the guy who plays his dad in Back2theFuture is in it too
January 4, 2009
I got this movie for Christmas. Its awesome.
February 27, 2008
Silly '80s cheesiness. Hilarious movie! (And Crispin Glover is in it...heh heh...)
February 7, 2008