High Strung - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High Strung Reviews

August 5, 2008
I'd rather be DEAD!!!
½ August 5, 2008
Thane Furrows is my hero.Every time a waitress asks me if I want a little more coffee, I giggle hysterically.
July 23, 2008
Jim carrey as death, this could be good
June 13, 2008
Still cracks me up! love the coffee bit.
June 7, 2008
I watched this movie with my brother on his computer and it was absolutely hilarious. It's totally one of the best comedies ever and I wish I could find it on VHS.
½ May 22, 2008
Not very funny at all. Steve Oedekerk comes off like a very irritating B-grade Jerry Seinfeld.
May 18, 2008
good but weird comedy about steve oedekerk and how everythin annoys him. i like this film. jim carrey is in it aswell as the grim reaper.
April 2, 2008
There is really no way to describe this movie without making it sound stupid. I admit, when I first rented it I thought it was going to be awful. Somehow, one man bitching about everything that bothers him, down to the most minute detail, is completely enthralling and totally entertaining. High Strung is one of those movies that my friends and I still quote regularly, even after 10 years. The brilliance of this movie is in the acting, and no I'm not referring to Jim Carrey. His part in this film could be his most forgettable. Steve Oedekerk's frustration and general hatred for life is so palpable, it makes the comedic aspects of his rage pop off the screne...Watch it or be an idiot.
March 19, 2008
Funniest movie...ever. But its existence is not widely known about. Even though almost the whole movie is basically a reeally long monologue with a guy complaining about everything, I find it bloody hilarious. Thane Furrows is pretty much the most cynical and sarcastic guy in the world.
March 17, 2008
"how u doing? things alright things ok?
½ February 1, 2008
It's really really funny stuff a lot of the time, but it basically constitutes a stand-up act. The Happy The Clam scene is among my favorites ever. And Jim Carrey is icing on an otherwise delicious cake.
January 25, 2008
One of my all time favorites and one of the best comedies ever made! Don't get confused by Carrey being on the cover... its all about Oedekerk. Absolutely hilarious and I don't know how, since it is basically a guy going off on all the stuff he hat...(read more)es for the whole movie.
½ January 22, 2008
It's basically stand-up comedy made into a movie...well it's basically one gigantic monologue with tiny interruptions that don't matter.
January 6, 2008
Really liked it when I first saw it. Not so funny now.
November 26, 2007
Incredible film that truly deserves the DVD treatment
November 21, 2007
I Use this movie to determine whether or not I will continue to date my girlfriends. So ultimitely I guess you could say this is a measure of how I will find my future wife lol best comedy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By far my favorite I can't believe nobody has ever freakin seen this
November 15, 2007
When I was young I recorded this movie onto a cassette tape so I could listen to it in my car on road trips.
November 10, 2007
Anand will remember this
November 1, 2007
I will never look at Salesmen the same.
½ October 20, 2007
this is great, Malcolm In The Middle surely must have borrowed a lot form this movie