High Velocity Reviews

• Dec 19, 2019

A largely forgotten little action flic. Among the first with a "bummer" ending, a la "To live and die in LA". I first saw it on late-nite TV in the late 70's and liked it a lot: two old military buddies on a last coerced mission where no one has clean hands. Maybe a bit slow to the action but it pays off. I found a Canadian rental VHS copy in the early 90's which fortunately wasn't copyright encoded and burned myself a few DVDs. Why this film hasn't been released on DVD, considering the yearly ton of CRAP that goes from studio straight to disc is a mystery to me. A true loss.

• Jun 11, 2014

High stakes as a Thai corporation hires an American Vietnam marine vet to carry out a rescue mission for a man who has been kidnapped by a guerilla organization. I was familiar with Ben Gazzara from seeing him as a character actor in many films over the years, felt he carried the lead role in this action film reasonably well.

• Oct 14, 2013

Retired mercernary is coerced to retrieve corporate executive after he is kidnapped by guerrilla forces in an unidentified jungle nation. Film never connected with me, you never became sympathetic to the the plight of the executive or the cause of the guerrilla forces. Does feature a solid cast of veteran actors.