Higher and Higher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Higher and Higher Reviews

February 18, 2016
OK musical and film debut of Frank Sinatra a/k/a ole blue eyes
½ June 28, 2013
Frank Sinatra doesn't look all too comfortable playing himself as part of the supporting cast for what is a lackluster musical comedy.
August 2, 2009
Harmless, likable and lightweight musical based on a Broadway play, this was the first major movie role for singer Frank Sinatra. Some nice songs include "A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening," "Come Out Wherever You Are," "I Saw You First," "I Couldn't Sleep a Wink Last Night" (an Oscar nominee) and "The Music Stopped." Received an Oscar nomination for Best Scoring of a Musical (C. Bakeleinikoff). The kick is seeing up-and-comer Mel Torme in a rare early film role, alongside Sinatra and Dooley Wilson (of "Casablanca" fame). Tin Man Jack Haley gets the star billing, though.
½ January 7, 2009
This is a hilarious movie, even if, at times, it is slightly confusing. A very good picture of a love quadrangle, if such an item happens to exist.
It's got humor, it's got love, and it's got Sinatra singing as only Sinatra can.
½ October 28, 2008
This movie was adorable!
½ October 22, 2008
good stuff from ole blue eyes
May 12, 2008
This movie introduced a young Frank Sinatra to me. Other than that I had difficulty relating to the dumb maid and as it turns out, the equally dumb man she ends up with.

it was alright for time.
½ May 4, 2008
Frank Sinatra is the only reason to watch this forgettable film.
½ November 7, 2006
Sinatra <3 The movie wasn't the most fantastic or the best acting but I adored all the songs in the movie & c'mon Sinatra.