Highwater - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Highwater Reviews

June 8, 2012
From the director of 'Step Into Liquid' (and son of the legendary director of 'Endless Summer'), comes a movie that doesn't quite make it up to par with the others. Yes, it has some great surf footage from the top pro-surfers (guys & ladies), but the movie can't decide if it's a documentary on 2009's Triple Crown contest or a documentary about life and the history of the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. If you love surfing, you'll like it. If you don't, you'll at least 'get it' with this movie. It explains itself well to the novice viewer. I'd choose a few other surf movies to watch first though.
March 13, 2012
MAKES ME WANNA GO TO THE BEACH
March 8, 2012
Makes you feel like you are there. Great cinematography too.
August 31, 2011
I love surfing documentaries, and this one is pretty dang good. It's all about the triple-crown competition on the Big Island's North Shore. It was cool to see the places that I visited (I didn't surf) a few years ago. I was there a few weeks before the competition, and never in my life had I witness such strong, powerful waves. It's intense.

The film moves a little too fast, and fails to deliver a compelling narrative. However, the surfing footage is awesome.
½ August 29, 2011
One of the better surf movies I've seen lately. It features the athletes, community and families at the North Shore during The Van's Triple Crown of Surfing.
½ August 28, 2011
Awww mannnnn. I can't wait to get back next June! Oahu, Maui, and Kauai! Gonna be epic!
June 21, 2011
one of the better surfing movies i have seen
September 5, 2010
If you surf you will get it. If you are not a surfer you will have no idea what all the fuss is about.
August 24, 2010
This one for all the surfers, dude some sick sick runs in this one, bad wipe outs to