The Hip Hop Project - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hip Hop Project Reviews

April 17, 2011
i want to see this movie so bad
August 4, 2010
You ignore ants I guarantee you buggin
I separate from society
But I admit I am human
I am intellectually driven
Some ideas that I have
have sent men and women to prison
I bench press my petty problems
Building muscle to carry the world
For now
I persist to put my letters into words
There's no Tussin' to my allergic reaction
to bullshit and wars
I don't know you
Not telling you how to live
But hate is a verb
learn the adjective

HA! It's been a minute.
March 27, 2010
Chris "Kazi" Rolle is my new hero- not so much because of his hard-working vision to inspire young people, but because of his humble and tender heart. His willingness to ask for forgiveness and take the first step in reconciling to those who have hurt him is the real star of the show here. It's Kazi's profound "everyday" actions of faithfulness and integrity that make him a role model worth emulating.
February 8, 2010
A documentary-style look at inner city youth brought together under the hip hop banner by a formerly homeless teenager and how their lives were transformed for the better. With a lack of direction, this script meanders all over the place and makes for a dull, uninspiring and frustrating watch. The smattering of music that is played is very good and accents the film well, but unfortunately, they decided not to include full versions or more of it. Certainly not worth the time needed to watch it, even for the hardcore fans of the genre or idea behind it.
½ January 17, 2010
An alright documentary. It had some really great side stories following the lives of the kids in this film outside of the music. But after watching this I don't think anybody is too much better off. Seemed like an after school program with cameras in the room. Meh.
April 26, 2009
If u have this movie , can u upload me ? or give me a link ? plz .
August 11, 2008
i wanna watch all of queen latifa movies they because she is a gd actress
November 3, 2007
It's a pretty typical documentary overall. Inspirational and interesting topic about a program to use hip hop to effect people positively rather than glamerizing drug runs and violence.
September 27, 2007
as documentaries go this has everything, drama, conflict, resolution and something to say. the characters are real and talented and some low emotional points balance out the high energy of the rap scenes. if it doesnt get a wide release id be surprised - seek it out
September 20, 2007
I loved this film. I think hip hop could use more kids like this coming up in the game. Kids that treat hip hop like the art form that it really is.
July 26, 2007
Hope that it is good
½ July 8, 2007
Excellent conscious film, particularly relevant during this time of controversy for hip-hop. If only it got more support :-(
June 8, 2007
this was pretty good.
May 18, 2007
I would rather have Magic Johnson shoot a load up my butt than see this film.
May 17, 2007
a little into it because of the hip hop... but need to see the review.... haha....
May 17, 2007
i must see this movie
½ May 10, 2007
Saw this last summer at TCI film festival!
May 10, 2007
Well.. kind of wanna c it..
May 10, 2007
I'm not sure this would really make a good movie. I'll wait and see what other people have thought about it.