Hirokin Reviews

• Sep 16, 2017

Warrior (Wes Bentley) leads an uprising against the tyrannical ruler (Julian Sands) of the planet Aradius.

• Jul 18, 2016

a patchwork quilt of other better movies like 'dune' & 'the cell'

a patchwork quilt of other better movies like 'dune' & 'the cell'

• Jul 15, 2014

Thankfully bought at my local Poundland, I had been tempted by the nice artwork of Hirokin for a couple of years. But a gut feeling was saying wait. Wait until you find it at a pound, then think twice again. But I got it. I was expecting Star Wars meets Six String Samurai, but instead got, well, I actually don't know what that was! Slow, boring and with painfully uninteresting fight scenes, Hirokin plays like a slow burning Japanese samurai epic, well it feels like it in running time, but has the flair of a film students documentary on watching paint dry. Nope. Just nope. There was no need!

• Jun 02, 2014

This Film Takes The Ancient Art Of The Samurai & Puts Them On A Distant Planet. Hirokin Is A Sci-Fi Action Flick, Which Features A Decent Cast, But Sadly A Poor Script, The Film's Plot However Is Simple & Easy To Follow, Although Somewhat Cliched. The Cast Includes Wes Bentley (Hunger Games) & Angus MacFadyen (Braveheart, Saw III), Giving Some Decent Performances But It's Julian Sands (The Medallion) That Steals The Show As The Menacing Villain Which He Plays Excellently As Always.

• Feb 08, 2014

The idea and story was not bad, but the execution leaves something for the waiting. With a different cutting and some changes in some dialouges it would climb some pinholes.

• Jan 07, 2014

En muchas cosas intenta ser Star Wars pero por ningún lado le atina...

En muchas cosas intenta ser Star Wars pero por ningún lado le atina...

• Aug 20, 2013

Interesting movie. Part Sci Fi, part asian epic. Ending is odd

Interesting movie. Part Sci Fi, part asian epic. Ending is odd

• Jun 20, 2013

This film's cover caught my eye: I wasn't expecting anything great, but I was at least enthralled to see some samurai dude on another planet hacking and slashing away at some aliens or something. Surprisingly, there's not much hacking or slashing involved; a few cheap and stupid fights, but nothing more. One of the more inventive scenes involved the fighters chained to a post, and whenever the chain slackened, a big spike would come down and murder a hostage. Aside from that, the film came off as being rather dull. The story didn't really captivate me either; it's full of dull and lifeless characters, going through the motions of some drama and plot that I really couldn't care about. The movie overall tried to hard to resemble films like John Carter and Prince of Persia, but both are miles better. This film must have been made on the cheap. It sports okay, but never exceptional, photography and editing. Acting and writing are serviceable at times, but they are often marred with certain levels of cheese, amateurism, or plainness. This production uses a limited amount of sets, props, and costumes. Music is very generic too. 1/5 (Entertainment: Poor | Story: Very Poor | Film: Very Poor)

• Apr 19, 2013

A real B-flick...and not that good either...

A real B-flick...and not that good either...

• Apr 04, 2013

Why humans terrorise is this dry planet is totally lost to me. The rest of the storyline could fit in 15 minutes, but is broken up by (nice) nature shots of canyon lands, dunes and deserts.