His Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

His Way Reviews

Harlequin68
January 2, 2013
The breezy and anecdotal "His Way" starts off by committing the first sin of documentaries; assuming the audience already knows a great deal about its subject. Sure, Jerry Weintraub is in show business, hitting it big as a concert promoter(the clip of Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley singing a duet may not be as strange as Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing together, but it is still odd in its own way) and later producer of such prominent 80's movies as "Diner" and "The Karate Kid" but he is not really a household name since all of his work is behind the scenes. That's okay, as there are a lot of people included here who require no introduction to tell stories about him. So, if you want to hear Julia Roberts drop the F-bomb, then this just might be the film for you.
September 14, 2012
The guy is a goddamn superhero.
August 29, 2012
I've found a certain affinity that I have for various Hollywood documentaries, particularly those that give a look behind the scenes of the glory days of the '60s and the '70s, and this certainly fit the bill. Jerry Weintraub's story is very impressive as he sells himself from the ground up to rise to the top of his field as a producer, and his personal life is even more interesting, in that he happily lives a life with a wife and a girlfriend, who are themselves friends with no real complications. Wild stuff.

Recommended.
February 2, 2012
awesome hollywood doc
January 7, 2012
Interesting hollywood tidbits about a Hollywood and music presario giant...
January 1, 2012
Interesting Bio about Jerry Weintraub with some high profile insights from the likes of George Clooney, Brad Pitt & Julia Roberts.
November 26, 2011
Great doc of promoter Jerry Weintraub, who put on Elvis, Frank, Led Zep, Moody Blues etc tours and produced films including Nashville and Diner. I love docs like this.
½ July 30, 2011
Jerry Weintraub went from the mail room at William Morris to managing Elvis & Sinatra and later produced Karate Kid & Oceans 11. Highly recommended documentary. My new hero...what I aspire to be one day.
April 23, 2011
If you've ever wanted to know what my grandfather is like, see this movie. Those two men are amazing.
April 10, 2011
Jerry Weintraub: His Way, A wonderful documentary about this legendary music/film producer, loved it!
April 7, 2011
The man has definitely led an interesting life!