Historias que so existem quando lembradas (Found Memories) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Historias que so existem quando lembradas (Found Memories) Reviews

½ December 22, 2015
Nice little story where we meet a little society where everyone seem to have their tasks and rituals. The lady that bake breads and the coffee guy is the main people of this little town. Everyone is old, but when the young Rita comes travelling by foot things change.
She has brought her cameras and she documents her trip to the place. A place where people seem unable to die.

The film is slow, but things happen occationally so it's never a bore fest.
It's lovely shot and the fantastic music score that hit you with full effect a couple of times near the ending is brilliant as we look at the pictures taken througout the film.

7.5 out of 10 breads.
½ July 26, 2014
deep relationships that go beyond words and intellect.
July 25, 2013
Stunning cinematography in a simply lovely film. Each scene is meticulously framed and staged for maximum beauty. And without feeling mystical, the film makes you wonder if the characters are real or simply forgotten memories. After you have time to think about the possibilities, I think a second viewing is in order, to relive the simple beauty and ponder alternate realities.
June 10, 2013
To all photography lovers this movie is the picture of its soul.
½ August 31, 2012
It starts slow and moves in a subdued sensual way through the brief time that you spend together in this sleepy village; it turns into pieces of beauty, like videos of art glued together. I enjoy this because of how it made me feel, not what it did.
July 30, 2012
A contemplative work of intense narrative and visual poetry, using a simple yet strongly resonant story to raise delicate musings about the transience of life and the emotional power of our memories - how we perceive them and their importance as time passes and we age.
July 15, 2012
visually beautiful, thought provoking, shows you a different way of living.
July 10, 2012
O tempo não é igual para todos: essa é, para mim, uma das principais direções do filme. A segunda, trata da mudança na vida das pessoas, que pode vir de repente, por acaso, através do menor distúrbio, com consequencias impactantes e o número de envolvidos, incalculável.
July 10, 2012
Jotuomba é uma cidade fictícia, ambientada no Vale do Paraíba, onde nos anos 30 grandes fazendas de café faliram e cidades antes ricas se tornaram quase fantasmas. Lá vive Madalena, a velha padeira, presa à memória de seu marido morto e enterrado no único cemitério da cidade, hoje trancado. Rita, uma jovem fotógrafa, chega à cidade e pouco a pouco modifica o cotidiano de Madalena.
June 6, 2012
He blk.humm msg's by
June 1, 2012
Looks amazing....I'd see this in a second.
March 28, 2012
Beautiful and engrossing.
½ February 12, 2012
Also titled "Found Memories". The film creates a restrained conviviality introducing and establishing the routine of life in the village of Jotuomba as embodied in the routine of bread baker Madalena. The stranger who comes into their midst doesn't disrupt their lives much, they aren't excessively hostile to her, they behave guardedly but congenially toward her for the most part. She has not come to intrude, but to observe and gradually develops a role in the village life but then announces she is leaving and the village recognizes that they want her to stay.
½ October 22, 2011
Al parecer esta es la primera reseña de esta pelicula en Flixster. "Historias..." es una cinta brasileña que nos trasporta a un pequeño poblado habitado por unos cuantos ancianos cuya vida diaria consiste en preparar su comida, ir a misa y reunirse a compartir historias. Una señora hace el pan y lo coloca en las repisas de una tienda, la cual nadie visita. Un dia llega una joven fotografa al pueblo que cambiara sus vidas.
"Historias..." es una pelicula lenta que solo busca contemplar la vida de personas mas sencillas que no buscan cobijo con los avances modernos. Esta crea una conexion con el personaje de la fotografa quien aprecia su estilo de vida y no se decide si regresar a la ciudad o vivir en el ambiente rural toda su vida. Sin duda es una cinta minimalista pero conmovedora.