History of Rock 'N' Roll - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

May 13, 2012
Detailed look at the history, with some parts left out, but all in all good
½ May 11, 2010
I love this documentary!
I gave it very high rating not because the director or the technique are great, it's because I LOVE ROCK N ROLL! I love all the songs featured here, from Beach Boys' Surfer Girl to The Ronettes' Be my Baby!
citawijaya
½ May 10, 2010
I love this documentary!
August 23, 2009
Detailed look at the history, with some parts left out, but all in all good
½ July 17, 2009
Excellent documentary that traces the roots of rock from the 50's through the 90's.
June 8, 2008
Good interviews, great old footage, and pretty informative. I like how it's shown that the blues had a baby and they named it rock and roll (as apposed to those blinded little sheep who falsely assume that Elvis is the King of Rock. At best he was the Duke who brought colored artists more to the mainstream. I think they could have done a little better on the roots, and covered more of the folks who truly took R&R to great levels(i.e. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, etc. The influence of BB King, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, etc. etc.) Overall, it's great. You get a look at society at the time, and the reactions to this new music that was taking over! "...Rock and roll will never die"!
April 21, 2008
Eek! An Elvis Presley special that I must never watch!!!